1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Believe it or not the Knicks Look Really Good

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by yobod, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5MefrQL5lm8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5MefrQL5lm8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

haha... exactly.

3. pacertom

pacertom Member

Sorry, but he was FIRED with one year left on his contract. (google it, or see link below)

As a coach he was pretty bad and the team just managed to sneak into the bottom spot of the playoffs each year. He had goofy rotations and one night you could start and the next get a DNP-CD

Firing Isiah:

http://www.dailytexanonline.com/med...0180926&sourcedomain=www.dailytexanonline.com

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

here is what i found most disturbing about the article:

the knicks are still upset that brown never settled on a lineup or a rotation. so far in preseason zeke hasn't changed a thing. he starts the same guys who are expected to start for them, and plays the guys who are expected to play.

however, i wonder if he's doing that just to create an obvious difference (one in his favor) between himself and brown.

also:

does anyone know how they did in the following years and previous years?

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

you do realize that during the preason is the time to experiment with lineups especially given that they don't have set lineups because Larry Brown's fickleness last season.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They have the same roster, but they don't have Larry Brown trying to hammer round pegs into square holes becuase he values his system over the players, nor the weird psychodrama chess match between Larry and his players and managment. And as others pointed out - I don't think people here realize how good of a player Channing Frye is. He was excellent last year and looks to be bigger and stronger this year.

.480-500 will make the playoffs in the east and that's attainable for this squad.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It is only preseason, but I expect the Knicks to do well and quite possibly make the playoffs. They've got a lot of talent.

8. Lil' Worm

Lil' Worm Member

bulls
    wizards
    nets
    pacers

9. pacertom

pacertom Member

The year before Isiah, they went to the NBA finals (though there was roster turnover)

The year after Isiah, they won 61 games in the regular season and lost in the ECF to Detroit.

http://www2.indystar.com/library/factfiles/sports/basketball/indiana_pacers/history.html

Bird to Isiah was a downgrade and Isiah to carlisle was an even bigger upgrade

10. 11yrs-5Crowns

11yrs-5Crowns Member

2 reasons why the Knicks are going no where this season.

Marbury and Francis. Two of the biggest "me first" players in the NBA. They have never won......anywhere.....wherever they have been.

Why? Because they don't get team basketball.

11. yobod

yobod Member

pacers are horrible

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

yes i realize that, which is why i don't quite understand why zeke is playing a real rotation (and those guys are getting almost real minutes too). the only thing i can think of is that he wants to make himself look good as in, "i have a set rotation already...larry never got one."

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

all things considered...the nba is still unpredictable.

the knicks will see an improvement, but only because they have no where else to go but up. hell i could coach them to 23+ wins.

zeke has no real idea what to do on offense (after talking to pacer fans), he usually goes with a free-lance style. no wonder he wants to say they will be like the suns. except they don't have steve nash.

these guys on the knicks, they couldn't handle LB's structure. maybe having a non-coach will actually be good for them.

either way they will surely miss the playoffs and zeke will be fired.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

But if the argument is that Larry's never let his lineups play together - it makes sense that Isiah would play them together in the preseason. For example Larrry would never play marbury with francis so why should they not play together for the first time in the preseason? Better now than when the games count.

Second, the knicks bench played a lot of minutes last night. No, they didn't play guys 12-15 on the roster, but the only starter who played over 30 was Marbury. The knicks aren't in the same situation as the Rockets, trying to figure out which brand new players shoudl constitute their bench - they know what they have in guys like Lee and Robinson and they know who their roster will be, mostly.

You do realize that two .500 teams and one sub .500 team made the playoffs in the East last year right? I would not write them off.

Granted I'm not a huge Isiah fan or a defender but fair is fair - he made a mess in NY but the way he has approached coaching them thus far is probably the best way to handle it at this juncture.

#35 SamFisher, Oct 18, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

On paper, they look great, but how you mesh the team together is another thing...Isiah may be able to do it, but I'm not holding my breath....

17. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Bring this thread back up when there making some noise in the regular season. For now I'm not impressed. Its only preseason...

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I was just about to say that

Although the Bulls will make the playoffs, they are probably the most overrated team in the NBA.

19. Steve_Francis_rules

Right after he was fired from the Pacers weren't people saying the exact opposite thing? Good GM (in Toronto) and horrible coach.

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

well it's too early to tell how things will work out... i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

i'm very pessimistic when it comes to the knicks and zeke, and your calling it as you see it.

if we were drinking buddies i'd be willing to wager a couple of drinks that they won't make the playoffs.