1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beautiful

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by The Cat, Jun 1, 2001.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Nothing more needs to be said. What a first half!!! Milwaukee is in perfect rhythm offensively and defensively. The ball movement, shooting, cutting, defense-- it is all coming together for them right now. When they play like this, there isn't a team in the NBA that can beat them.

GO BUCKS!!!

------------------
    President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!

Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I wish they could do the same thing to the !"$"%! Lakers...

3. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Cat,

You are so right! I love it when Stern and his game writers write up a script so beautiful and have the players and refs execute it to perfection! Don't you love how on cue the players flop, they hit their shots, the refs step in and time outs are called. BEAUTIFUL! Also, do you see how the Mechanic Ball Controller guides the ball right into the basket when one of the Bucks shoot it according to what the script says? That right there takes so much skill. They must of rehearsed for hours to pull this game off on such short notice. You gotta love the way the NBA wrote in such an amazing comeback JUST TO KEEP THE VIEWERS FROM TURNING OFF THEIR TELEVISIONS!!! And to have Iverson come in at the right time and have the Mechanic Ball Controller guide the basketball in the hole even on a supposed foul that was clearly improvisational creating a 4 point play?!? Is this genius or what? DAMN! Is this the greatest theatre or what? Does NBC have anything better for Game 7? WOW!

Does anyone know if NBA games are eligible for Emmys? Writing like should be rewarded!

------------------
    Sleepless in the Bronx

[This message has been edited by Almu (edited June 01, 2001).]

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

go sixers

------------------
    "They couldn't shoot, rebound, or pass, but other than that, they played great!"

-Bill Walton

5. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

6. The Cat

You are so right! I love it when Stern and his game writers write up a script so beautiful and have the players and refs execute it to perfection! Don't you love how on cue the players flop, they hit their shots, the refs step in and time outs are called. BEAUTIFUL! Also, do you see how the Mechanic Ball Controller guides the ball right into the basket when one of the Bucks shoot it according to what the script says? That right there takes so much skill. They must of rehearsed for hours to pull this game off on such short notice. You gotta love the way the NBA wrote in such an amazing comeback JUST TO KEEP THE VIEWERS FROM TURNING OFF THEIR TELEVISIONS!!! And to have Iverson come in at the right time and have the Mechanic Ball Controller guide the basketball in the hole even on a supposed foul that was clearly improvisational creating a 4 point play?!? Is this genius or what? DAMN! Is this the greatest theatre or what? Does NBC have anything better for Game 7? WOW!

Does anyone know if NBA games are eligible for Emmys? Writing like should be rewarded!

Almu,

What in the heck is your problem with me? All I want to do is talk basketball. I have complained about officiating in 4 of the 65 games, or 6.1% of the time. I have never said any conspiracy was taking place. Do you really think the officials are right more than 93.9% of the time? Officials for the most part call fair games, and do a great job. But, there are a few seldom occurences where they could use improvement. I don't really see how you can deny that. Officials are good, but they aren't perfect as you seem to imply every day. I would appreciate it if you would get off of my back about this topic.

------------------

Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

7. Steve_Francis_rules

I don't think the Bucks were upset that they weren't getting fouled. They were upset that when they were getting fouled, it wasn't being called.

------------------

8. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Some of their b****ing isn't justified though. They started complaining after game 4 because they thought Glenn Robinson was fouled on his drive to the basket at the end of the game that led to an Iverson layup, but he was not. It was just a stupid play by Robinson and he lost his balance.

------------------

9. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Kitty,

I don't have a problem with you. I am just following your logic. You posted last year that:

"And for the record, I wouldn't be that biased against the Fakers if not for the cheating and media attention they got"

And sure, you only complain about the refs about 6.1% of the time. But you have like 3000 posts. Thats like 183.4 complaints. Don't you think that is a bit much? And there are numerous posts where you claim the Lakers cheat. I am just playing along here, Kitty. No offense. Sorry about dat.
    I don't have anything against you, Cat. Really.

The refs are not perfect. But the calls even out in the end. If Milwaukee wants to get calls, take the damn ball to the basket. Sure you can get fouled on jumpshots. But where do you have a better chance? In the paint? Or out in the perimeter?

Now, what do you think the refs will do in game 7? Do you think they will be on their game for the Sixers? Or the Buckies?

I, for one, can't wait to see what the NBA has got up its sleeeeeve!

------------------
    Sleepless in the Bronx

10. The Cat

Almu,

Sorry for overreacting in that post. It just appears that you always respond with something completely sarcastic to whatever my post is to try and get at me about this officials bit. When I say the word cheat, I am not referring to a conspiracy. Please try and understand that. I just think, if you look at footage, big market stars and teams get the benefit of the doubt many times too many. I'm not saying the games are fixed-- I just think that the big market stars and teams get too many breaks, and if you look at it objectively, it's a realistic complaint.

And I guess some of my frustration comes from the media as well. Did you happen to read Stephen Smith's column this week? He tried to degrade Ray Allen's reputation by saying something to the effect of "some choir boy he is punching Aaron McKie in the stomach in game 4." Now what really happened? McKie gave Allen an elbow in the stomach and then in the shoulder (two times, both uncalled for), and Allen responded with a tiny little shove. How is he the bad guy? Everywhere you turn, whether it be the officials, media, etc.-- there is much too large of an influence on big market stars, big market teams rather than on looking at things objectively for both teams. The officials are usually just fine, but there are just little biases that consistently occur year after year, and it gets a little old.

------------------