1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Be honest: Name a better show than Dateline NBC

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 4Shoposite, Aug 26, 2010.

1. 4Shoposite

4Shoposite Contributing Member

Ok. I finally did it. I finally grew up and stopped watching the Family Guys and Entourages of the world to get entertained, and actually watched a show that my mother and I can actually talk about when she calls to see if I'm maintaining a healthy diet :cool: Last Friday, I didn't go out and me and my chick stayed in, spooned a little, and watched a little tube while puffing on a L. After flipping through channels, my girl was like "let's watch dateline" I hit her with one of these faces :mad: and immediately told her to gtfo! Id rather watch invicta watches be sold on QVC before I glimpsed at a stupid "news" show. She laughed and was like, "Nah let's watch it. Ill pop some popcorn and well cut out all the lights." I laughed and told her alright....anything to quicken the mood was fine by me.

....yoooooo ten minutes into the show and I'm wiiiiiildin out!! Lol I couldn't believe how dope the show was. :eek: :eek: :eek: That keith morrison dude with the grey hair and leather jeff hamilton jacket jumpoff had like the greatest narrator voice and demeanor...dude was so smooth. I looked like Michael Jackson eating popcorn in the thriller video shaking my head everytime he brought up more questions leading into a commercial break. I cant believe I've been uneducated with a great show like this for so long. In the shows I watched Friday and then Sunday (I had to get seconds lol), there was always an idiot who didn't do their job right like showing up to the house but not searching it...or someone who heard screams but didn't pay it a second mind. it pisses you off and you're glad it made the story better all at the same time. :mad: ....... :eek: .... :)

Clutchfans...is there anything else I'm missing out on on tv? Please put me on. I want to officially grow up on watching tv.

Cliff notes cause some ain't trying to read all that:

1. Usually watched Family Guy and Entourage
    2. Me and my girl stayed in Fri and watched Dateline NBC (I didn't want to)
    3. 10 mins into the show and I'm hooked. Best show I've ever seen.
    4. Watched it again Sunday
    5. Asking for more shows I have overlooked that are mature thinking shows.

#1 4Shoposite, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Where have you been all my life.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

GREEENGRRRREEEENEGRRRREEEN

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I like how one pops up, then goes away, and then a new one pops up.

5. Landlord Landry

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

what do you drive, 4Shoposite?

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

GO COWBOYS!

8. 4Shoposite

2009 JEEP Grand Cherokee...why?

Anyway, I just want to know of more mature thinking shows that I have overlooked for so long bc I was fascinated with just trying to laugh. A show like dateline makes you think. I went to work looking at everybody wondering who they were really like behind closed doors. Jim might be a great employee who comes into work with the perfect attitude...then he goes home and the cat got a chick locked up in the basement since 1988. That show is a trip.

9. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. Only mature adults love that show. I think I read about in the New Yorker. Next to a cartoon I didn't get.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

At least we know you care about the environment.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Looks like somebody is new to the internet.

13. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

lol. How old are you fellow?

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Old enough to know that Wolf Parade SUCKS.

15. Raven

Raven Member

16. aghast

aghast Member

Dude knows, and therefore speaks, the truth.

<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/Vj8zmOhCziHJ4xrRPRfjZQ"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/Vj8zmOhCziHJ4xrRPRfjZQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

17. 4Shoposite

Im 23.

Speaking of age. Man...NBC better have another guy working on his smoothness and voice in their Dateline Developmental League, cause when they lose that guy Keith Morrison...and God bless him, it might be any week from the looks of it, the show might lose its aura. The guy was made for that role.

About 60 minutes. I've watched that...particularly when its about an athlete...but I can't imagine that show competing. Ill have to check out Frontline and Nova. Thx.

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

you know, the lusual...

19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I'm old enough to box your ears. You will pay dearly for your insolence.

20. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Dateline does a lot of different things. Which one did you watch? Was it one of the segments on a crime story? If so then 48 hour mystery on CBS is good too.

If it was a segment conducting investigative journalism. I would say 20/20 or Frontline are good.

But, I personally like Dateline's To Catch a Predator series. :grin: