1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Be Honest: Before this season, how closely did you follow the astros since 2010?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by tmac2k8, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

First time making a poll, not sure how it works. but here are the options.

1.) Die Hard - Watch/Listened/Kept up with anywhere between 100 - 162 games of the regular season. Know most of the player jersey numbers.

2.) Pretty Good Fan - Watched/Listened/Kept up with anywhere between 50 - 100 games of the regular season.

3.) Fan but lost interest - Watched season opener, Kept up with their standings/scores on news/apps but didn't tune in/listen in to games very often during the regular season.

4.) Fan but Completely lost interest, didn't even pay attention or know any of the players.

5.) Never a fan until now.

2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

3, it's hard to support a product that's put on the field with no intent of winning. Plus a 162 game season is (was) a lot of losses to watch lol.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

2.) Only because I have Uverse and was not able to watch the games. I ran my battery in my phone to the ground though refreshing scores and would listen occasionaly. Attended only around 10 games, but it was more in protest over Comcast withholding my viewing. Still pissed off about that.

This year I attended 22 games. Good times, save for getting a beer and nachos and missing seeing Felix melt down on the Friday night June game. I sat down in the early first inning and he was getting pulled.

4. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I know there was the blackout which is why I just said "Kept up" with. (Checking scores live on your app counts) I would consider you a pretty die hard fan, better than myself :)

5. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Yup, I'm guessing if there is anymore 10% people replying to option 1 or 2 than they are not being honest! I think majority of fans, even Astros fans that live and died with them through the years tuned off for weeks at a time during this drought.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

1 despite having just moved back to Houston before this season. Had Uverse so I could only watch when they were playing the Rangers or on national tv (which they rarely were). But I listened to games and kept up with the score of nearly every game. Can't say I know numbers because I've never really paid that much attention to them. If there's a sport where jersey numbers are almost completely pointless, it's baseball.

7. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Ok, WTH, I made a poll...

8. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Weird...I made 1 post with 1 poll and somehow they became 2 post. Mods, please delete this one or merge it with the thread that has a poll.

9. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

2. I lived in Dallas and they still came on FSH for 2010-12, so I was able to watch many games. Always latching onto players hoping they would be something like Chris Johnson, Jordan Schaefer, Mucas Harrel, JD, etc. I started following more closely during the 2012 draft and enjoyed following the minors more than the major team actually.

I hardly ever made it through a full game though and just watched a few innings.

10. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Yeah, during that period I don't think any of the prospects developed into anything special.

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

12. underrated015

underrated015 Member

i honestly was a diehard astros fan up to 2008 year. after we traded berkman, oswalt, pence, and were in rebuilding mode, i stopped watching baseball altogether. would check the series threads and it would be like 2 pages. Feels good to have a playoff baseball team with the texans stinking up the joint.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.