1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BCS National Championship Game

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pgabriel, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I havent read a single post in this thread... With that said... SEC will ALWAYS own everything else. The media, the fans, the players, etc... All need to understand. The SEC is THE conference. It should always be in the NATL championship. Auburn 2yrs ago included. They are legit. They are men. They are the REAL DEAL. Demeco Ryans as proof... I made a thread a long time ago stating that Florida should represent in the NATL championship. It included a poll. The majority cried and said Michigan. Well well well.... OWN UP. SEC. It will ALWAYS trump everything. And this coming from a Big 12 guy. Im drunk so I apologize for any vulgar remarks. But remember. I called this a long ass time ago and the proof is there... SEC BABY

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

So you've graduated to full troll baiter now, I see?

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Me at breakfast this morning:

[​IMG]

Congrats to the Gators. I was all wet on this one. :D

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My quick thoughts:

1. The better athletes won this game...and it's the reason why they won the game. They appeared faster to me. Particularly the D-line, which on a few occasions chased down Troy Smith and/or cornered him taking away running lanes. I was amazed at that. Florida's d-line was unreal good.

2. Jim got outcoached.

3. This LOOKS really bad for the Big 10. Yeah, yeah..I know. Wisconsin beat Arkansas. But the two top teams got their asses handed to them.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I wonder how much the Big 10 schools being in cold weather states vs. SEC schools being in warm weather states affects the kind of kids they are able to recruit (ie. faster kids in warm weather states). Same with the PAC 10. Both of those conferences HAMMER the Big 10 every year during bowl season.

Damn, calling college students "kids" makes me feel old.... :(

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i used to believe that but I think that's a little over blown. ted ginn was still probably the fastest guy in that game and he's from cleveland. I think it just has to do with larger talent pools.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's a myth.

http://www.slate.com/id/2060524/

8. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Just got back from Gainesville, I've got no voice, and I'm still hungover. And I've never felt better in my whole life!!!

The first 30 seconds were terrifying, soul-crushing, and you could hear a pin drop at the bar for goodness' sake. I knew if we could answer back on the next drive we had a game. Little did I know what was about to come...

1. FOR ALL MY FELLOW SEC FANS WHO ALREADY KNEW THE TRUTH: NFL defense > SEC defense > the rest of college football. All your base are belong to us.

2. Speed kills. OSU got killed. Troy Smith was scrambling more often than a short-order cook at Denny's.

3. OSU scored ONE offensive touchdown. At our one loss to Auburn, I believe Auburn didn't score a single offensive touchdown.

4. Urban Meyer is a the GZA (aka the Genius, for you non-Wu Tang Clan fans). He turned around his last 2 programs almost immediately. He did the same w/ UF. If you told me we'd win the championship this soon, I'd call YOU a homer.

5. It needs to be said. 44-14. I don't want to hear a single excuse. 'But' nothing, OSU got out-played in every aspect.

6. Chris Leak, my man. To go through 4 years of rotating coaches and offensive schemes, and to have to share the spotlight w/ Tebow, Leak never once complained or made excuses. He stepped up in the biggest game of his life.

7. We are spoiled. To run out in the middle of University Ave partying w/ my fellow Gators twice in 9 months is just ridiculous. Highly recommended though if you get the chance. ;)

8. I attribute it all to eating sushi at the next table from Urban Meyer 2 days before the SEC championship game (that night we were celebrating my gf getting her PhD) :p

9. And if you'll indulge me, may I quote the last line from my alma matter's song: ALL HAIL, FLORIDA, HAIL!

9. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Yeah and Wisconsin barely beat Arkansas and if Arkansas had any type of decent passing game then they probably would've won too. Tennessee did get beat by Penn State though.

10. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

That's because Tennessee sucks.

Hey, enjoy it Gators fans! You won't win another one for a while! :D

11. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

At least 12 months... or until they lose to FSU. ;)

Did you hear the announcer say something like "Are the Gators gonna win everything this year? Final Four, BCS... Dancing With The Stars..." :D

12. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

bump-

[​IMG]

found this photo on the web - shows how Ted Ginn Jr. got hurt celebrating his KR TD - ranks up there with Grammatica getting hurt celebrating a FG.

13. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

WTF?? They do realize that guy is on their team, right?

14. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Oooooo. Good one! High five! Keep telling yourself this for the next year, it's almost as good as having your own team win a championship. ;)

15. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

The 3 best teams were LSU, Florida and SC. Let's not forget LSU went in the swamp and got 22 1st downs to 14 for UF, only to have dumbass mistakes kill them (5 TOs, special teams breakdowns). All three of the above have blazing fast defenses and you saw what they did to midwest powers. SC's defense is SEC fast as well. Texas, OU, FSU and Mia in years past have had SEC fast defenses as well. The SEC is the best conference year in and year out, yes, but let's not pretend there are not other programs that could hang with them.

I am thoroughly happy Mich, ND and tOSU got dominated and humiliated, for sure. To think tOSU-Mich was a hair away from a NC game rematch without either of them ever having to play a Florida, USC, or LSU pretty much exposes how flawed the BCS system is. We can openly wonder if Auburn from a couple of years ago might have knocked off SC (I doubt it, but they would have provided a better fight than OU).

16. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Also, Urban should go to the pro ranks. It will be very hard to get close to a repeat. UF, LSU, Auburn, Tenn, Geo as regular powers--and now Saban returning in locating at Bama, sick. Even mid range programs (Arkansas, S Car, Ole Miss) can at times have real good teams, just a brutal league to try to get through and you can have a great team (LSU this year) but a couple of bad breaks on the road and you are locked out. Florida in fact needed breaks (Louville and SC losing) in addition to skating by a number of close games or they never would have gotten their chance.

17. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Ted Ginn is now saying that the celebration may have cost them (OSU) the game. I don't care if Ginn Jr. was playing I still say they had no shot that night.

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

What an idiot. How can a celebration lose a game for a team, when they lost 41-14?

He should face it. Florida outplayed them and was the better team that night.

Suck it up Teddy!

19. hithereitstim

hithereitstim Member

I hate to bump the thread but I don't want to create a new one.

Florida and Tim Tebow stay winning:
    [​IMG]

:)

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Look at those GOOGIES!!!! :eek: