1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BBS dignity and respect

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by F.D. Khan, Nov 6, 2001.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Treeman, you accept two premises which I don't accept.

1) That the sanctions against Iraq cannot legally be lifted. Give me a break. Hiding behind a skaky legal fig leaf. The majority of even our allies are against the sanctions and ready to lift them, so there goes your law you feel heavy heartedly obligated to follow,no matter how many Iraqi's die. Even ex weapons inspectors have said declare victory and get out.

By the way if you feel the US is legally bound to all UN resolutions, let me know and I'll find some that I approve of and a foregn policy hawk like you doesn't, and that the US just ignores.

2) All or most Palestinians won't accept the 1948 accords. Just because something is repeated doesn't make it true. You can't prove this.

You like to be logically true to your premises no matter where it leads, so why don't you just advocate complete ethnic cleansing of all Arabs from present day Israeli borders, since they are fanatics who will never accept anything, any time no matter how humanely they are ever treated.

Don't wimp out or take such soft concepts as world opinion into account in your goals.

2. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

The problem is that this site is private property and therefore subject to the standards that Clutch and the staff deem appropriate.

People with a poor comprehension of the breadth and appropriate application of the First Amendment claim that we should make no effort to censor or restrict the bigoted assholes from sharing their idiocy.

We disagree.

Sorry if you don't, but there are things going on with this site behind the scenes that we are simply not willing to risk in order to allow unfettered free speech on a portion of the BBS that doesn't even deal with the site's main topic.

Namely, the Houston Rockets.

3. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

Unfortunately, two people arguing on a BBS isn't going to change anything... but I've got a few interesting things to point out.

1. When the Taliban said non-Muslims would be forced to wear identifying marks, the world reacted with outrage... and yet Israel has done that for years. They have special markings on their cars as well.

2. If the Palestinians in the Israeli area are in such dire straits, WHY DON'T SURROUNDING COUNTRIES TAKE THEM IN? Hey, the US took in foreigners through amnesty during various wars... why can't Egypt, Syria, Iran, Iraq, etc. do the same for "their own people"? Please don't give me any BS about "the principle of not leaving one's own land". It's been 50 freakin' years. Getting your land back will require going through the UN anyway, so why not help people in camps while you're at it and at least let them get on with their lives?

I personally don't think either side is acting in good faith, and that's why this conflict will never end. To me it's a case of common sense and human decency, but that's been lost because of simple stupidity on the leadership's part.