1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[bballbreakdown] Trail Blazers vs. Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Karolik, Apr 21, 2014.

1. mig0s

mig0s Member

to summarize, Scott Foster ****ed up over! the NBA should investigate on that guy wtf?

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Mchale is not the coach for any NBA team. What's new?

3. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Which part of the body did coach nick touch you? It's alright we are all friends here...

4. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I ignored the distracting comments and actually watched the video. He makes great points, this thread deserves more attention imo.

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

All this video told me is our clock mgmt sux, d12 mgmt and timeout usage sux. Coaching is the reason for this.

Also, the NBA is revenue-rigged. They manipulate the officiating to extend series and generate more revenue.

6. strifed169

strifed169 Member

The video explains why the Rockets won't make it past the first round and the main culprits are Harden the ballhog who doesnt play any defense (he had a chance to defend Lillard's fast break drive but chose not to, typical **** yet no1 ever calls him out for it) and Mcfail who would get out coached by a chair

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I got halfway through the video and couldn't go on.

Wasn't it Morey who said that a coach impacts at most +/- 5 games?

Well, what if McHale is the -5 and Popovich is the +5. Even if a guy like van Gundy is only +3, that's still a transition from 54 wins to 62!!!

The guy is incapable of making end-game adjustments. Sure he doesn't suck as much as he did two years ago. But at this rate, by the time McHale learns how to be a legitimate coach our window will already have closed.

We hired McHale to come in and foster a young, growing team. Well now we're totally out of that phase, and it's time to put our big boy pants on with a coach who has actually been there.

I get it, JVG doesn't develop young players, and his games are fugly. The difference between now and 2004, however, is that we finally have a competent GM who can build a solid cheap roster around our two superstars. Also, these superstars are not fatally flawed: Dwight does not have bum feet, and Harden does not have a bum heart. With JVG you can be sure that we wouldn't get outdueled in an in-game chess match with the other coach. JVG is a win-now guy, and this is a win-now team. Look what happened to the Clippers when they went from del Negro to Rivers.

I'm kinda with Bill Simmons on this one. Make it to the WCF, I support McHale. Lose first round, I'm definitely against him. Lose to the Spurs and it all depends on who is interested in coming on board. This is a team with the pieces and the management to win it all. Now we just need coaching.

1 person likes this.
  8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he should take over as head coach for the rest of our playoffs. MOREY HURRY THE HELL UP AND SIGN THIS GUY! UNDER THE TABLE, TRICK THE LEAGUE INTO BELIEVING HE WAS AN ASSISTANT COACH!

9. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Saw this on twitter. It's from a Lin fan though so if you don't like him then you should avert your eyes :grin:

[​IMG]

10. houtown

houtown Member

One thing that disappointed me about the officiating is that McHale didn't seem to stand up for his players and give it to the referees, Scott Foster in particular. There were a lot of tough calls, no doubt, but if your coach isn't discussing those bad plays with the refs and backing up his players, they seem to continue to happen or catch up to a team in the end. Its just the impression i got. I though McHale did a better job being engaged in this aspect during the OKC series. ONly one game though. A lot could be improved and still only lost by 2.

11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

totally relevant
    $$$$$$$$

ironic considering where this thread was made
    http://sportstwo.com/threads/207157-Why-Is-Scott-Foster-Still-an-NBA-Ref

12. Audioout

Audioout Member

13. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Anybody else unable to watch more than half of this before exiting?

14. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

he's a good coach for a good number of teams. teams 5th seed and under who hope to go to the 1st or 2nd round. i don't believe he will coach a team to the promised land though.

15. Soft Takes

Soft Takes Rookie

Yea coach nick (aka ultafag) is the worst bball analyst I've seen. He has no idea about anything bball related regarding "good shots" or bad shots, and on top of it he thinks he's some kind of bball guru. The only reason I sit through a video is because I like to break down rockets game film and there isn't much of it online.

Side note: yes we never said harden was a superstar and sure he can't play d and is a marginal scorer without ref assistance, but it's not like he's a d-leaguer like this guy mentions. The reffing was awful some of the worst calls I've seen in a game. (Howard foul out). Also the guy's gotta cut Bev some slack. He's obviously at much less than 100% so of course he's gonna get burned a lot. Is it gonna cost us the game. I don't know but I like Bev and he should still start over crapsanity.

16. strifed169

strifed169 Member

Lets face it, Harden is **** and couldn't D up a r****d in a wheelchair, btw you calling this guy a *** is pretty ironic considering you sound like the biggest fgt on planet earth getting upset over a guy giving his 2 cents.

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

WTH is up with all these gay slurs? We are better than this, cfans

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

mostly these 2013-2014ers crapping up the board lately

19. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

If the rockets are this good with a sheet for brains coach imagine a competent one? Mchale needs to go once his contract is over.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

one of the terms he used seems to be a perfect description for the majority of our offensive possessions: "fishing expeditions"