1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BBALL BREAKDOWN.. bev and parsons cost us game 6?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by filamswag, May 3, 2014.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Mchale has too much of a "I don't really care aka we'll fix it but really not fix it attitude" it carries down to the players... I don't like him as a coach I wish he was doing what Chris Webber is doing.

2. steady

steady Member

Why did Bev step in on Mo Williams?

It doesn't make sense to me. What am I missing?

Was he expecting Mo or Lillard to cut to the basket?

3. Cranberry_Juice

Why keep making excuses for this guy? What a BOF.

4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I knew it. The second the play started in real time, I knew it was going to get ****ed up the second Bev switched off of Lillard. I literally almost had a heart attack, I STILL can't fathom the ****ing fact that that switch even happened. I don't give a **** about Jones not sliding to help the perimeter, or Harden not switching to run to Lillard. I ****ing care about Bev and Parsons, I just can't believe they switched. I had nightmares last night! That **** kept on replaying in my head a million times. I still can't take this anymore.

5. jman7373

jman7373 Member

This video clearly shows the clock didn't start until he started to rise up for the shot. Such bull ****.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

home court shot clock advantage. it would have gone down the same way for any home team in the league. i'm sure it would also have been way more precise if it were the non-home team making the attempt. that's just the way it is.

7. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Did harden call for the switch?

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Yep. 2 simple basketball plays and the rockets are not in this position. 1 rebound at end of regulation game 1 and the Lin turnover in game 4. Instead of being down 3-2 coming into the game,they would've been up 3-2.

9. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

In this play McHale's advice was 'No threes & stay with your man'

No threes:

Why Jones is defending the inbound passer is beyond me, even if he was defending the inbound passer he should've been more to his left to try and direct a pass towards the paint & not leave a huge space behind the 3 point line.

He also should've been a few steps further back, making the pass a more difficult, & easier to defend lob.

The other perimeter defenders should've also been face guarding or on the outside of their guys, funnelling them towards the paint, not the way they were lined up.

Stay with your man:
    Parsons length on Lillard is a great option...if he was the help defender switching. He was shown to have not been able to stick with Lillard in the regular season & games 1 & 2.
    Lillard took off & Parsons was too slow to react.

If Harden did, and it looks like he did, tell the guys to switch, then he must feel like an idiot at the moment. Play was set. That moment of indecision gave Lillard his opportunity to break free.

This falls onto the players lack of experience & ultimately onto the coach for not getting it right. It shows Harden's lack of faith in his coach by telling the players to switch.

It was heartbreaking to watch & I sat there in stunned silence for about 45minutes.

A game 7 was deserved & the only fair thing in my mind, after we were unfairly discriminated against by the officials in the earlier games.

We need a defensive assistant coach if we are going to keep McHale going forward. JVG, if he would take an assistant role, would be perfect.

There are also some grumbling in the Chicago area about Thibodeau.. If he becomes available, you have to get him.

10. rev1274

rev1274 Member

Harden told Parsons and Bev to switch.

11. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Looks like Parsons was more concerned about Lillard cutting to the basket.

12. #1ROXFAN

#1ROXFAN Member

The clock started so late!!!!!!!

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Lack of discipline and structure leads to ignoring the coaches' instructions.

In the first place, no coherent strategy. Obviously not practised as well. It's all "we're trying to wing it out there" on offense and defense.

HOU playing some of the ugliest ball I've seen them play. Mercifully this loss put the team out of its misery

14. Swag

Swag Member

WOW I JUST REWATCHED THE THING AND THEY DIDNT EVEN RUN THE CLOCK TILL AFTER HE CAUGHT THE BALL, DIPPED IT, AND WAS AT THE TOP OF HIS JUMP...

15. dantian

dantian Member

Everything with McHale is freelancing and winning on talent. And this is what you get.

16. rayfantastic

rayfantastic Member

Obvious double-screen set to get the shooter free. Does this sound familiar? Didn't this happen just a couple of months ago? Lakers Steve Blake anyone? When will McFail EVER learn?

17. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Not that it is going to matter, but this is a great video for calculating how long it took Lilard to make the shot. If the clock stated from when he touched the ball until he released the ball, going frame by frame I calculated that to be 0.8-0.9 seconds. Lilard release was quick, but he elevated so high which took time. Obviously, starting the clock 0.5 sec late will give you the illusion that he made it in time with no problem. But in reality, it's much closer that Everyone thought.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We lost by one point... there is literally something EVERYONE didn't do that could have won the game. The blame is on everyone.

19. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Never mind. This video was slowed at different speeds. I calculated the shot from other video and it took Lilard only 0.6 sec while the shot clock was late 0.3 sec. So, the shot is good.

20. champstocome

champstocome Member

We had a foul to give...
    so even if our players didn't execute, we had the fail safe option to foul off the ball...IF our coach had ANY idea of what he was doing. This should have been plan A in the first place to purposely shave some time off the clock. But more importantly have SOME sort of coaching strategy to impact the game to give our f@&!#* rockets an advantage. Instead "coach" mchale let it ride out like always, spouting out titles of motivation posters, and watched on the sidelines as Lillard shot a very uncontested 3. The coaching staff is there to support the players and they failed. People have lost jobs for far less and this is only one small example of the many mistakes Mchale made.