1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Baylor Bears Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Brandyon, Aug 28, 2013.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Feel bad for Baylor alumni because any student doing this makes Baylor grads look moronic.

Never thought this would become Penn State 2.0, but here we are.

2. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

wow that's is some shockingly messed up **** right there.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I'd like to encourage understandably shocked Baylor players to avoid using the word &quot;injustice&quot; in any tweets <a href="https://t.co/mpwAtUhSlm">https://t.co/mpwAtUhSlm</a></p>&mdash; Brian Hamilton (@BrianHamiltonSI) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrianHamiltonSI/status/735859656338333697">May 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You don't turn your back on your leader when things get ugly</p>&mdash; 1⃣ (@tyoung_01) <a href="https://twitter.com/tyoung_01/status/735857971796676609">May 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">You don't turn your back on the leader at all! I'm right behind him through it all!</p>&mdash; RR9. (@iamryanreid) <a href="https://twitter.com/iamryanreid/status/735863093473873920">May 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">And for all the drama you can find at any school.. We still gonna be on top. We know y'all want us to fail so bad. But God got us so fr!</p>&mdash; RR9. (@iamryanreid) <a href="https://twitter.com/iamryanreid/status/735856535801192448">May 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Best coach in America.. They will never understand... <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ArtBriles?src=hash">#ArtBriles</a> <a href="https://t.co/5e7FC3hWLY">pic.twitter.com/5e7FC3hWLY</a></p>&mdash; T.Sells (@Taion_BU) <a href="https://twitter.com/Taion_BU/status/735860218928582656">May 26, 2016</a></blockquote>

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

How will this help UH? Baylor is one the schools that was vouching for UH.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Ken Starr was, at least mildly, in UH's corner. Which probably amounts to a hill of beans. He is staying Chancellor though, so there's that.

Briles destroying the football program, however, is good for UH.

Knocks out a competitor and weakens the Big 12.

Can only open doors for UH, really.

6. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I honestly doubt they go back into their dark ages. I guess it really depends on what exactly the penalties will be. By firing Art, the NCAA could be more lenient. We'll find out I guess.

The success that Art had at Baylor though pumped a ton of cash into their program. He proved that it is possible to have success in Waco and they could bring in a good coach to get them out of this. Time will tell I guess.

7. sammy

If there are no sanctions, Baylor will be fine esp after we wreck this season.

8. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

It's going to be rough for a couple of years. I assume a lot of de-commits and transfers coming up.

Obviously Baylor is not going to get a guy like Herman but maybe Chad Morris (SMU) can stop the bleeding.

9. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Baylor certainly has the tools to dig their way out of this, but historically speaking, Baylor looks primed to enter the toilet once more.

There's no low hanging fruit for Baylor to snipe right now. Perhaps they can make a run at Montgomery or Morris if they pan out in the next few years. Sonny Dykes or Sumlin might get canned.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

No sanctions? After this?

lmao

11. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

The NCAA isn't going to touch this after what happened with Penn State.

12. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Looks like you're itching to go 0 for 2 in this thread.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Baylor is unlikely to be a bottom feeder again for the simple reason that their facilities are now exceptional.

Having said that, they can easily become an "also ran" and have little significance in the college football landscape.

This type of fiasco can really hurt the long term perspective on football from the administration, and it is unlikely that the football program is able to have the type of power and lack of institutional control that it had under Briles.

I could see them end up being a program like Illinois or Missouri.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You're right. Assuming the NCAA handles something correctly is not something I should do.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Because Penn state's issues are the same as Baylor's? Girls got raped in the last couple of years. Some people that tried to cover it up are still working for Baylor NOW.

16. Nook

Nook Member

You live in a fantasy world.

Very unlikely Tom Herman has any interest in Baylor. The program is going to be very restricted, and will have limitations on it that an elite coach won't want to touch with a ten foot pole.

Second, the likelihood of Baylor getting no sanctions is very small. There was an institutional level breakdown with serious crimes committed.

Third, when you "wreck this season"; without your head coach? With players wanting to transfer? With a lot of the incoming class wanting to go elsewhere?

No.... there will likely be long term consequences that will cripple the program for years.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yeah, pretty much no chance Baylor "wrecks" this season.

3rd or 4th in the Big 12 at best this year

18. sammy

I'm assuming if nothing changes. Kendall called the plays last season. Bennett is in charge of the D (will still be meh).

19. Airdough

Airdough Member

Hot taeks everywhere where everyone seems to know exactly what's going to happen. The NCAA could come down harshly on Baylor but then they also are just coming off years of expensive litigation with Penn State for a similar matter, lack of institutional control concerning criminal matters. The NCAA backed off Penn State sanctions faster than expected because the lawsuits weren't going well.

Let the process play out and hope that Baylor is holding all of the right people accountable for this breach of trust placed in them when parents send their kids off to college. Pray for the victims, pray for a solution to the college sexual assault crisis happening across the country, and pray that people will understand the priorities that truly matter are not the wins and losses of a football program.

No one wins here, there is no extra pound of flesh that will make this right. I'm not a Baylor fan but have friends that are alumni and kids in Sunday School I've taught that are currently students. I'd rather Baylor be winning and none of these crimes and cover ups ever committed than for what's going on right now.

20. sammy

Only one team would be pegged higher than Baylor if nothing changes and that's OU.