1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Baylor bars students from posing for Playboy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by oomp, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm pretty sure they still owned the condo at that time. It'd be weird if you were one of my parents' tennants. Of course, I know you're not because you weren't a smokin' 20 year-old girl. :)

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

or was I???????

:confused:

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Are there hot chicks at Baylor? probably, but do they put out, that is the questions...hmmmm...j/k...

I love it when young chicks appear in Playboy...

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

There are some very hot chicks at Baylor. I remember one that worked at Cricket's (a cool bar/pool hall in a new warehouse type district) that used to flirt with me a bit whenever I'd go out with the guys when I was dating my ex. Looking back on how that ended, I should've gone after that!

5. doboyz

doboyz Contributing Member

Baylor Alum here, nothing new to this story, move along, it happens every year.

Just for the record, all the stories you hear are just blown out of proportion. Yes you have to take 2 classes that deal with the bible, but its just taught like a regular textbook, not preaching at all. In Chapel, people just have to attend, and most of us are sleeping anyways. I really enjoyed my time at Baylor, and I thought it was fun, and not a dry county in the least bit.

I know the rep we have, and some of it is true, but only to an extent. I think its more about the people you meet than the actual rules of the school. Some have bad experiences but thats true at any school. Yes, some rules suck, but you deal with it and enjoy the life the best you can.

Flame all you want, Im here to rep and defend my alma mater :D .

BTW, this is coming from a Vietnamese buddhist that went to a private baptist school :p .

6. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

I went to Baylor also, graduated in '95. I had to take the New and Old Testament classes. Except for the subject matter, it wasn't much different from an English Lit class. I didn't have to go to Chapel because I transferred in. I believe they had sign-up sheets back then. But, they didn't allow dancing on campus :rolleyes:

There are hot chicks at Baylor. I think what will happen is Playboy will find women that are leaving Baylor to pose. A lot of people leave because it's just a boring town.

There was also this weird guy that was in Student Government. Apparently he ran around late at night opening unlocked doors to women's apartments, would walk in, ejaculate on their faces while they were sleeping, then run away. It was hilarious, the student newspaper referred to him as a "loose cannon", if I remember correctly.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i totally remember that!!! freaky! i graduated in 96. that guy ended up at OU or OSU (can't remember which) and he was the student body president there.

he was endorsed by this guy:

[​IMG]

8. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

You find that funny?

9. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

That e-mail was sent forever ago. Sent to the boys too, had a little somethin' somethin' about viewing p*rnography, as well. I'd never even begin to think about doing that, but not because I'm a fundamentalist right-wing conservative Baptist. Quite the opposite, and that's my reasoning.

As much as I hate Baylor, for various reasons (a lot of the people, for one, and the tuition), I can't complain about them forcing us into things. MadMax is correct. Chapel has actually brought in different viewpoints, like author Don Miller (which was AWESOME) and the woman who experienced/wrote "Dead Man Walking." We take Christian Scriptures and Christian Heritage, but nothing is shoved down your throat. If anything, the more strict Southern Baptist people complain because the school's getting "off track."

If you ask me, Baylor needs to ask WWJD, and then realize that he wouldn't pay $30,000 to get a degree from a school that isn't even Tier 1. :(

10. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

What about the name takers? :D

11. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I remember the hottest young woman in one of the playboy's college girls issues when I was in my early 20's was a baylor girl who was wearing a pulled up baylor T-shirt and some pulled down grey sweats....

That picture stayed under my bed for a good long time.

12. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

The way the student paper referenced him was funny.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I've never understood what the big deal about this is. How often do colleges have on campus dances? Even if they did, would you rather go to an on campus dance or an off campus beer bust? I was in college for 8 ye...uh, a long time and I've never heard of an on campus dance. :confused:

Either way, I hate dancing. It should be banned period.

14. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Baylor Bars, that's how Appalachans pronounce Baylor Bears. It's also a standby headline template for the school paper. Zing.

15. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

You're lucky. I always get hit on by the 60 year old barmaid at Buzzard Billy's.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This thread is useless...

17. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

They should just have the Baylor girl pose with her arms covering her bosom and her only wearing a chastity belt.

18. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Ok, I just talked to my person. She said at Chapel she had a flashlight shone on her to point her out, then kicked out and not given attendance credit for reading her Biology book.

19. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

LAWL.

One time last semester, I got my cell phone taken away from me for reading a text message. YES, in Chapel, they mean business.

I mean really. This is college. Taking your cell phone away?

20. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

My gf got a huge scholarship to Baylor and she's a Catholic so the bible stuff doesn't wierd her out and she didn't do bc they're wierd there. It's like a cult of rules... if a cult is some sort of term for measurement. "Yes, I'll have a cult of eggs... no no, just a cult. Not a religion of eggs."