1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BattleStar Galactica

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, May 17, 2008.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Anyone still watching.

It is still interesting
    One thing that is bothering me . . . .

Why is it that none of the FINAL 5 [well 4 of them]
    are bringing up the fact that the Chief's child is Half Cylon
    just like Hera . . . .

I figure the Pres is having visions cause she has some of hera's blood
    . . . the way Baltar 'cured' the pres from cancer the 1st time.

Rocket River

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I haven't seen today's ep yet, but last week was one of the best episodes I've seen of the series.

The Final 5 have different wiring, but if you remember what Tory did, then it's like they already know what's up. They're probably uncomfortable talking about it.

I think they said the Pres's visions was from taking that psychotropic herb to help her chemo, but...
    Some rumblings is because she's a cylon or a hybrid of some sort. I doubt it. My guess on the final cylon is Doc. Coddle, but I rather be surprised by it then dig in the net for answers.

No one knows what future significance the hybrid babies will be, but I know the very least, the writers will get into it.

This show and House has one of the best writing for TV, even if BSG episodes 3 and 4 of this season were a bit slow.

3. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

My choice as to who is the last cylon:

Lee's Ex or Felix... Leaning more toward Felix now after watching last night's episode. The weird singing at the end?? Yeah, cylon.

And for the final finale, what kind of twist the show will throw at us in the end?:
    Everyone is a cylon. The cylons in the show speak of fate and everything is happening again; I think it has to do with the fact that they've been programed to forget what they are. Like factions, some choose to know and others don't, thus making "humans" and cylons. Getting to Earth will in some way show them what they are. I guess the only question would be why would they do it? Maybe they are searching for God or a soul and are hoping that by mixing the two factions they will create something that has the ability to have one, but they have to earn it thus the wars. It's kind of a stretch, but I think it has several avenues that the writers could go down.
    at least that's my two cents.

4. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Love the show.

I think the 5th Cylon is Pres. Rosslin. She shares the SAME DREAM as two other cylons! I'm not sure what role Hera will play in all this but there apparently are two such hybrid babies. Maybe it's an Adam and Eve thing? I mean, they ARE technically one boy, one girl?

I'll tell you what really puzzles me is Kara. All along, I've felt that she's a Cylon. I mean, she flew a RAIDER for crissake. Not to mention her visions? She's an obvious candidate imho. I don't think the writers are about to throw another hard changeup at us as they did with the last four revealed.

Speaking of which...

I think Anders is losin' it.

He needs to make up with Gaeta fast...

offer him a leg or something.

:p

theSAGE

5. Invisible Fan

This could be too spoiler laden for those who want hints on the last cylon.
    last chance
    <center><a style="left: 447px ! important; top: 1px ! important;" title="Click here to block this object with Adblock Plus" class="abp-objtab-01603205242156086 visible ontop" href="http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/static/flash/2008/01/07/bsg_supper3.swf"></a><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/static/flash/2008/01/07/bsg_supper3.swf" loop="true" quality="high" height="430" width="430"><br></center>

Woah, that might be too hard to swallow with the fans, but woah... Did they ever explain why the final 5 weren't affected by the cylon disease?

Watching this show, it's hard to make any good guesses because the next episode could stomp the living snot out of it.

6. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I truly thought I was alone here on this show. So frakkin' glad someone started a discussion thread on it. However, I havent watched last nights episode yet. It is nestled safely on my TiVo. So, after I watch it this evening, I will come back to discuss. Dont want to be spoiled, you know? :)

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I like that .. . in fact I been thinking that myself

Ever see a movie call The 13th Floor . . .
    basically it was about a guy who made this realistic simulation and was able to exist in it .. like the matrixx . . .. However he only came to find that he was in a simulation himself . . . .

I think when the 'humans and cylons' meet at earth . . .they will find their makers are the 'true humans' and they all cylons or something -humans are robots who built the other robots 'cylons'

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I got kind of fed up with the show the last season and thought they had written themselves into a hole but will give them another chance.

9. duwende

duwende Member

Yeah I feel ya on that one. Season 3 was kinda slow, but this season is just...wow. It's back to cliffhangers in the last 5 seconds of every episode.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

For the most part it's back on track. Since the writers know they will be closing the show at the end of this season, it's obvious they are putting more effort into each individual episode. There is a definite purpose and plan this season that was lacking last year.

The "magic" that existed the first couple of years may be impossible to achieve again, but it's worth watching now. Announcing this was the last season was the best decision they ever made.

11. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I just started season 4. I really enjoy this show, much better than most scifi shows I've seen.

It seemed to get pretty good reviews, IDK about ratings. Why did they decide to stop after 4 seasons?

12. TheresTheDagger

Holy bump.

I remember the first 2.5 seasons of this show were outstanding....then slowly faded to just ok.

I just hated it when Col Tigh was a cylon. Ruined it for me.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This show had some of the worst acting/actors I have ever seen on TV.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'd like to introduce you to a little show called "The Walking Dead"

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I have watched both. To me, the acting in battlestar was worse.

16. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

You must not watch much TV...

17. Invisible Fan

Space opera acting is generally overdramatic and heavy handed.

18. macho87

macho87 Member

Beets. Bears. Battlestar Galactica

19. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Holy Spoiler.

Way to ruin that for anybody that hasn't watched it.

20. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

He did put a spoiler tag on it.

I blame myself for clicking on it (I'm in the middle of season 3 right now)