1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Nov 6, 2012.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

‘Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome’ Trailer – SyFy Prequel Series Premieres Online Friday

It’s a three-year wait for more Star Wars. Six months for more Star Trek. But guess what? Battlestar Galactica returns in only four days.

Universal Cable Productions’ long-awaited Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome has not only found a distribution outlet, but it’s getting a super-close premiere date. Plus, there’s a rather spectacular new trailer (below).

Here’s the raw essentials: BSG: B&C is a prequel movie being presented as ten, 7-12-minute episodes on young-male-targeted entertainment company Machinima’s YouTube channel, called Machinima Prime. The first episode will be released on Friday, Nov. 9, with the remaining episodes rolled out over the next four weeks. In early 2013, the two-hour version of B&C will air on Syfy, followed by the release of an unrated version on home video.

Such a three-tiered windowing release strategy (online, network and DVD, all within a few months) is considered unique for a TV series.

For those who haven’t followed the B&C saga, the project was originally developed as a series for Syfy following the conclusion of the critically beloved Battlestar Galactica reboot and its movie spin-offs The Plan and Razor. BSG vets David Eick and Michael Taylor are executive producers, with Taylor writing the script from a story by Eick, Bradley Thompson and David Weddle. Jonas Pate (Caprica) directed.

The prequel follows young William Adama (Luke Pasqualino, UK’s Skins) during the first Cylon War. Assigned to the Galactica, the eager Adama finds himself at odds with his co-pilot, the battle-weary officer Coker (Ben Cotton, Alcatraz). Like Starz’ Spartacus, the series uses “virtual set” CGI technology that adds more expansive and spectacular backdrops than possible in a convention production.

“With its top-notch storytelling, pulse-pounding action, and cutting-edge visual effects, Blood & Chrome is the perfect extension of the Battlestar Galactica universe,” said Mark Stern, Syfy programming president and co-head of original content at UCP. “We are thrilled to see this hotly-anticipated event premiere on Machinima, an online network that is unparalleled in its delivery of high-class digital content to millions of viewers.”

SyFy originally put the show into production as a pilot but it wasn’t picked up. It now exists as a two hour movie which’ll be released online in 7-12 minute segments via Machinma Prime over the next month, followed by a full airing on SyFy in 2013 and an unrated release on Blu-ray after that.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/05/battlestar-galactica-prequel-date/

Here’s the description of the show originally released in 2010, when it first became public.

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome takes place in the 10th year of the first Cylon war. As the battle between humans and their creation, a sentient robotic race, rages across the 12 colonial worlds, a brash rookie viper pilot enters the fray. Ensign William Adama, barely in his 20?s and a recent Academy graduate, finds himself assigned to the newest battlestar in the Colonial fleet’ the Galactica. The talented but hot-headed risk-taker soon finds himself leading a dangerous top secret mission that, if successful, will turn the tide of the decade long war in favor of the desperate fleet.

The movie is written by former BSG producer Michael Taylor and directed by Caprica’s Jonas Pate.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qj50xJhWdcM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Personally think SyFy made a mistake not giving this a shot as a series but I'm glad I'll finally be able to see it even if it through this online release.

2 people like this.
  2. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

You must spread reputation around before giving it to Grendal again.

Thanks

3. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Awesome, I just finished BSG on netflix. Loved it.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

SyFy put the show into production as a pilot but it wasn't picked up?

Since when does anything on SyFy not get picked up? They have large amounts of crappy shows on that channel that did get picked up. lol

So, it was a concept for a new series but became a one time movie. That kind of sucks but I guess a film is better than nothing. Rather than watch 7-12 minute segments, I'll just wait till they air the whole thing.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If SyFy didn't think a show that they put money into making turned out good enough to warrant making it a show then I'm a little nervous.

6. GRENDEL

I don't know SyFy was never very helpful with keeping BSG on the air, producers of the show really had to fight to get the seasons they did get.

Sadly, I think it had more to do with Caprica failing and I think SyFy decided it wasn't worth it even though Caprica and BSG were tonally different shows.

7. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Ridiculous title. "Blood and Chrome". Ripoff of "Spartacus: Blood and Sand". What's next? "The Office: Blood and Paper"? "Breaking Bad: Blood and Methylamine"? "True Blood: Blood and Blood"?

8. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Clutchfans: Blood and Basketball
    Clutchfans BBS: Blood and Text

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Far out! Kudos for the info, GRENDAL. I had no idea this was soon. Looks good.

Yeah, the title is kind of lame.

10. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Thanks Grendel. Hope you can keep bumping this thread with new episodes.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Spartacus was the first thing I thought of. Anyway looks good and I am a sci-fi nerd so I will watch it.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The D&D tonight might be "Blood and Text";)

13. GRENDEL

1st 2 episodes, acting is choppy at best but not really surprising considering this would have been the pilot for the new series...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pT79x4qM4FE?list=PL549EB9DBB2FF8C24&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jdisGiivP9c?list=PL549EB9DBB2FF8C24&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Not bad but lol'd at Mike Dopud being in this, too. If you don't know that name (nobody does), you'll at least recognize him from every other sci-fi series since he's been in them all.

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

The term "fracken" is seriously getting on my nerves. Seems like it's really over used in this.

As if the acting wasn't bad enough.

Oh...and the sounds of tools or lockers closing to cover up cuss words...lol.

#15 Uprising, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  16. GRENDEL

Episodes 3 & 4

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KXCnuArj4b8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Haven't personally watched yet....