1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Batting Order (updated)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Coach Flip, May 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buck Turgidson

Retiring Milo was "foolish". Now I've heard it all.

I also assume you were an Ashby fan.

kaleidosky likes this.
  2. the shark

the shark Member

What color is the sky in your world?

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

This is a good post...let me bold some of the key statements.

1) So, you want Correa to take time off, but your previous posts suggested dropping him in the lineup and current one has him in the 3 hole. Got it.

2) Correa might be coming around based on the last week, but you want him to take time off, but you want him in the 3 hole.

3) And finally, no one knows if moving up/down in the lineup helps. And yet you're starting a thread entirely about shuffling the lineup.

[​IMG]

Yaosthirdleg and tellitlikeitis like this.
  4. conquistador#11

not so cleverly disguised continuation of the previous thread, "hinch's batting orders"
    like I said there, it's not easy getting all these guys at bats.

On a different topic. last trading deadline, I was upset/jealous that Texas landed Lucroy. When I heard we added McCann, I was the happiest astro fan. I was hoping he and castro would share the catching load. He hasn't disappointed. One of the best moves league round one that little took notice.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Prior to this season, Correa has an .847 OPS with RISP, which I assume you would find acceptable? No one is denying he has been miserable for the majority of the year with RISP, but things will work themselves out.

You keep saying there is a huge problem with the lineups yet those lineups lead the AL in average, 2nd in OBP, 2nd in OPS and in the 19 games since being shut out in Seattle, they are averaging 5.5+ runs per game.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  6. texans1095

texans1095 Member

So because one of your best and youngest players is having a tough start to the season you should move him all the way down the lineup? Why not keep him where he is and hope that he figures it out while the team continues to win games?

7. Buck Turgidson

Is plaid a color?

I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that I actually agree with this guy about 1 or 2 things.

the shark likes this.
  8. Coach Flip

Coach Flip Member

The point I'm trying to make is grouping hitters who do well with RISP and grouping hitters who do better with none on. This is just a general lineup open for discussion without lineups against RHPs & LHPs. Why do you think I'm cangrejero51 what similarities? Was he an ass? How can I read/search his posts/replies to know more? I'm new to posting here.

9. Coach Flip

Coach Flip Member

Everyone has moved around in the lineup, but Altuve & Correa. He's not a cleanup hitter. As if it's in his contract to bat after Altuve? Or Hinch's superstition? Ask any MLB or little league coach. Show them the stats. No one in their right mind would want Correa batting in the heart of the lineup. Don't get me wrong. I want him to silence his critics.

10. the shark

the shark Member

I hear ya!!

11. Major

Major Member

If only you could change lineups around during the game depending on who's on base, your posts would make some sense.

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Coach flip....lol

Pen15clubber and kaleidosky like this.
  13. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I wouldn't guess the OP knows what OPS is, based on how often he mentions batting average....

14. Coach Flip

Coach Flip Member

Absolutely not. You want guys with 400 averages with RISP in heart of line up, not guys with 100 or 200 averages with RISP.

15. Coach Flip

Coach Flip Member

Move him up (like Beltran). Move him down (less pressure). Get him out of the line up! Anything is better than watching him not produce in clean up.

16. Major

Major Member

Two days ago, you disagreed with that, when you were putting crappy RISP hitters in the middle of your lineups. So which is it? Why on earth would we listen to anything you say when you change your mind daily? Whatever lineup you think is right today will probably be completely wrong tomorrow when you learn about some new stat you didn't know about.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  17. Coach Flip

Coach Flip Member

Astros
    Sorry, but I was referring to Dave Raymond (he's now with Rangers), not Milo. Ashby was a smart catcher.

18. Buck Turgidson

In theory, communism works. In theory.

19. Buck Turgidson

Remind me never to play you at Xbox baseball.

20. Coach Flip

Coach Flip Member

Go with high RISP batters in heart of line up. Everything else will work itself out. That's my opinion. Not an exact science.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.