1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Battier/Sura for Artest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WoodlandsBoy, May 31, 2007.

1. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

I don't know if this trade scenerio has been posted before.

Now that we are going with Rick A.

Do you guys think that Artest could work in Houston. I think that this is a trade that would be accepted by Sac. It would give us a nice 3 scorer who plays d, can create and rebound but will it be a net negative because of the plays that Battier makes that we don't see.

I am personally not a big Battier fan although there is enough great pub by people whom I respect and coaches that I guess I don't see what he brings on the court.

2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

The question is how long could Artest keep his head on straight. Reluctantly, I'd take the chance -- it would be a no brainer without the headcase issues. However, I think there are more productive trades involving Battier out there to be explored.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I would do it for 2 reasons.

1st is that Artest is just a better player than Battier....period. He impacts the game more on defense and he is a superior offensive player as well.

2nd is that it would allow me to move TMac back to the 3 position which I think is much better suited for TMac.

I know that Artest comes with a lot of baggage but I am a gambler and would bet that Adelman could get the best out of Artest and the good would far outway the bad.

4. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Agreed.

5. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Artest is a mental head case that will kill our locker room. I prefer good citizens before maniacs like Artest. Artest is mental breakdwon waiting to happen and I would hate to lose Battier to this.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Artest?

Are you guys kidding me? The guy is going JR Rider as we speak. He will be out of the league in a couple of years, he is on a serious downward spiral concerning his career.

NO FRICKEN WAY !

DD

7. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

dont we have a thread for these random ideas

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I wouldn't trade Battier for Artest, straight up!

9. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I'd do this trade, if they also swapped their No. 10 pick for our No. 23 pick. Then we draft Yi with the No. 10 pick, and start building the Great Wall!

10. yaominn

yaominn Member

it's basically a straight up trade.

artest can be insane at any time, especially during playoff.

11. Barkley

Barkley Member

No way. Artest is better he is stronger and he's better scorer. He's a great defender also. But battier is smarter he's better temmate. So I don;t know but I would probably make the trade

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Artest is overrated offensively. I haven't seen him fit in offensively anywhere. He doesn't score within the flow of an offense. I see lots of ISO and post up plays drawn up to get him involved. Battier can extend the defense with his 3 point accuracy. If Bonzi returns it gives even less reason to pursue Artest.

13. PeteTheCheat

PeteTheCheat Member

another poll...just what I was hoping for when I woke up this morning!

14. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Maybe for Sura, Spanoulis and Head. I don't think I would be willing to give up Battier. Although, he would be a little redundant with Artest here.

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Battier will be traded for either a 1 or 4. Bibby is a possibility. Has he worn out his welcome with The Kings?

16. hooi

hooi Contributing Member

No, Artest is the Cho Seung Hui of the NBA.

My brother saw him in Indiana on a hospital visit and he said Artest was a loner who hung by himself away from the rest of the Pacers team. To have him on our team would be to ruin our chemistry.

17. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

The Kings are stacked at the 2 and 3 positions, so I don't know how interested they would be in Battier. I would love to get Bibby for him though.

18. rocket3forlife2

artest can get you 25 most nites and play very good defense..you have to pull that trigger.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Keep Battier under all circumstances. Now, if you could trade Juwan Howard and Sura for Artest, or something like that...sure...but keep Battier!!!

20. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Why? He can't play SG or PF and he is a duplication at SF. He is very smart but very slow. He will be a terrific coach but is only an adequate to above average role player. We p_ssed away Rudy Gay for him, so now let's at least use him to obtain a solid PF or PG.