1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Batman: The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lynus302, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

All right.

I've started a new Batman thread because the old one was all speculation and excitement leading up to the movie.

This thread is about the movie itself.

I just got back from opening night, and all I can say is holy freaking crap: Batman: The Dark Knight is an outstanding film. Christian Bale is excellent, as are Aaron Eckhart, Gary Oldman, and Maggie Gyllenhall. And Heath Ledger deserves all the Oscar buzz he's been getting, plain and simple. His performance as the Joker was....exceptional.

It was action-packed, of course. It was also scary, dark, and violent.

All the hype its getting is as well-deserved as Ledger's Oscar buzz.

So discuss away, y'all. And don't forget SPOILER tags!

2. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Best comic book film EVER. Thank you Christopher Nolan for making this. Heath Ledger was just AMAZING. I came out of the theater very impressed.

3. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

As was I.

I totally suck at writing movie reviews....I don't really know what to say without spoiling anything and/or repeating myself. But I will say this again: Heath Ledger was phenomenal.

Did you stay after the credits and if so, was there any easter egg? I was with people who had to leave....they were mumbling some crap about "jobs" and "working" in the morning.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't even know how it can be classified comic. Wait that make me sounds like an idiot. I dunno. Watch it and see. The genre... Superhero doesn't do it justice. ("justice" how cute)

5. junglerules

junglerules Member

Couldn't agree more. The movie was VERY dark and disturbing, which fit the Joker's character to a T. It's been said before, but Ledger did a phenomenal job with the Joker. Definitely Oscar-worthy, IMO. Overall, the movie was very tense, filled with drama and not any dull moments, to my recollection. No complaints, other than me being a wuss and turning away from some scenes! :)

6. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

This was my second time seeing it, i got to see the pre screening on imax. its a great movie i would pay to watch it a third time

its about so much more than a comic. it more than just good and bad, black or white, its really deep and has a lot of social relevance. for a second you forget that your watching a guy in a bat suit chasing a clown. its a vigilante chasing after an out of control psychopath

The fact that it is dark and creepy and the joker was completely unpredictable was incredible.

7. TheMountainTop

Christopher Nolan is a genious!

Way to return Batman to what its suppose to be.

Ledger is the best Joker ever. Definitely deserves Oscar praise.
    I like Jack Nicholson as the Joker but Ledger is Better.

This is the best super hero movie ever. Words can't do it justice.

This movies is just as good as the first or better.

Gordon and Wayne were Spectacular and the Joker was phenomenol!

Harvey Dent was also excelent.

So far best movie of the year.

8. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Heath did a hell of a job portraying the Joker's twisted mind on film. His acting left me in suspense the entire movie and he is very worthy of all the praise he's received. Exceptional movie. I'd like to see it again but I'm going out of town Saturday and won't have time :rolleyes:

9. AGBee

AGBee Member

This movie was horrible...I can't believe anybody enjoyed it :confused: :confused: :confused:
    Just kidding, watching it Saturday :D

10. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

Man, every single forum I belong to have been saying the exact same thing. This movie is going to seriously rock. I'm seeing it at around 7 tomorrow at AMC in Katy Mills. Can't wait.

11. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

Oh yeah, and can you believe that the Marq*E sold out of nine Dark Knight showings? Two of which were in the IMAX theater.

12. rua2006

rua2006 Member

I cannot get over how good it was. Everything about it was phenomenal.

As we moved through the movie, Gotham felt like it was truly in a state of chaos, chaos built in a way that felt so real. The scale of it was drawn out at a perfect pace to make it get crazier and crazier. Think about the summation of everything that happened in Gotham during the movie. It reflects the feel of the problems occurring in the comic books and stories, yet in the end, it was its own epic crime drama.

I can't say enough about Harvey Dent. Was his story arc not spectacular? Again, drawn out at a perfect pace.

And Oh My God, The Joker. His first "magic trick"? :eek: And then everything after that. Every movement, every little hand motion or jump or laugh or pause. Everything.

It was crazy how well it was put together. They made this movie great from any angle you wanted it to be. Hats off to the Nolans.

13. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I'd give the film 11/10, because it was filmed in Hong Kong and on the elevator place which within walking distance of my home! Extra brownie points to you Nolan!

14. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

I just came back from watching it on the Imax at the Palms in Las Vegas. Very good movie. About 6 seats in 2 different sections were reserved for Jamie Foxx and Michael Jackson's entourage. People were pisssssssed!!!!

But back to the movie. Ledger was fantastic. The stunts were badass....

Just one little thing....the chase in the middle of the movie was A-"freakin"-mazing. And I kept on thinking that the big bang at the end of the movie was going to be kick ass as well.....in my opinion, it wasn't.

It got dark and dramatic. Still a very good movie.

15. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Heath Ledger was ridiculously good, he became an iteration of the Joker that makes pretty much all other movie villains laughable. How he managed to mix humor, fear, and danger into every scene was incredible, I see why he has Oscar buzz. I don't think anyone else could have been as good. The schemes that he concocts are also genius, the writers/director/Ledger made the Joker a legendary villain.

And :eek: at the Disappearing Pencil, which made the audience erupt into a frenzy of cheers. Everyone knew that they were witnessing something special.

16. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

^^Spoilers go in the other thread.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Did you totally disregard the spoiler thread thats been up for like 2 days?

:p

18. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Was scarecrow in this, and how big of a role does he play? Don't give too much away, just a simple answer please ! :)

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

a very brief cameo.

20. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

I completely agree. It was nothing less than an incredible looooong movie...
    Ledger makes the movie and his laugh is purely psychotic and creepy. I swear I was :eek: all night...