1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Batman and Wolverine might face off as dueling magicians in Chris Nolan's next film

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Bale, Jackman in talks for Nolan's 'Prestige'

By Borys Kit
    Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman are in negotiations to topline Touchstone Pictures' "The Prestige," which will serve as Christopher Nolan's next directorial outing.

Bale and Jackman will play rival magicians in turn-of-the-century London who battle each other for trade secrets. The rivalry is so intense that it turns them into murderers. The title refers to the residue left after a magician's successful trick.

The script is based on Christopher Priest's 1996 novel of the same name and was adapted by Nolan's brother, Jonathan. He wrote the short story on which Christopher's Nolan's breakout movie, "Memento," was based on.

The movie will shoot in January with a budget around the $40 million range.

Nolan is producing with Aaron Ryder and Emma Thomas. Newmarket's William Tyrer and Chris Ball are executive producing. The movie was developed at Newmarket.

Disney exec Kristin Burr is overseeing.

Touchstone will distribute domestically, while Warner Bros. Pictures will distribute internationally.

"Prestige" reteams Bale with Nolan, both of whom worked on "Batman Begins." Bale, repped by Endeavor, next appears in "The New World." He is in Thailand shooting "Rescue Dawn" for Werner Herzog.

Endeavor-repped Jackman is shooting "X-Men 3" and next appears in Darren Aronofsky's "The Fountain."
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/film/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001220087

Now, I haven't read this book, but I've heard about it. They aren't going to be like wizards or something, they are magicians who try to one up eachother and expose they other's secrets to their illusions. There's murder and mystery in it as well.

2. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

I'd pretty much see anything Christopher Nolan put out at this point.

Can't remember the last time a director came out with 3 such strong movies right out of the gate (Memento, Insomnia, Batman Begins).

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

dunno if im the only one, but i liteally thought Wolverine was going to show up in the next Batman, then I relized how much of a pipe dream that would be. Its like Qui-Gon going against Batman in the first one :p

4. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Christopher Nolan is an amazing director, but I just can't fathom a movie like this that has a chance at being any good... hopefully he can prove me wrong.

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

misleading thread title- i thought we were going to see a comicbook magical faceoff...

6. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

the title of this thread is misleading...please change it.