1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[basketballholic] One of Butler/Kawhi/Winslow/Oubre is a Rocket come March. And maybe even sooner...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 8, 2018.

1. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Sixers did the Harris trade out of desperation as a replacement for BUTLER. They know he is gone after this season and they knew if they threw the max at Harris he will stay. They have NO intention of trading Harris. BUTLER is the piece at play here and I am sure the Rockets and a trade from an opt-in is not his first or even second choice. Butler wants to team up with Kyrie in NY or in LA with the Clippers. I think it is a given now that Kyrie and KD are going to the Knicks who have two lottery picks coming. I think Butler's plans will fall through which is why it MIGHT be possible that he opts-in for a trade to another team that will ensure he gets his supermax. Philly would acquiesce because they have given up all of their assets that Hinkie stockpiled in the Butler and Harris trades. EGo is going to be a FA after next year and an old one. I think if we offer him the same deal he stays for a 4yr deal. It remains to be seen what we can do with Shumpert to get some value out of that contract. We literally have nothing else to use other than EGo.