1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the EAST FINALS Game 2 as Tatum and the Celtics host Haliburton and the Pacers. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

basketball leagues

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TMac640, May 12, 2005.

1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Yeah sorry guys. I won't be there tonight since I'm still up in Dallas. I'll be in for next week's game and the playoffs though. Good luck tonight :cool:

2. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Well, even though I couldn't play anyway, I was planning on going to root you guys on until some last minute things came up.

But, Rush called me stuck on the side of the road with his piece of crap car dead. So, I don't think he will make it either.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

For all those none believers out there, I have one thing to say.
    Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion.

WE ****ING WON OUT THERE TONIGHT.

via forfeit.

4. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

ur kidding?!?! :D no one showed up or they were just scared once they saw our lay up drill?

anyways, sorry about not showing up. damn jeep is a pos...and the worse part is that i broke down in ghetto lookin area

5. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

Man it counts for a win all the same...

6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

damn, sorry about missing the game guys. i didn't get out of the hospital til about 10:30. just got home a few minutes ago after having dinner.

surprising that we won, by forfiet. especially seeing how it seems only half of our players didn't show up. i was expecting they'd win.

7. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Don't forget guys.

game at 8:10 Promise keepers

Plus if we could we should start gathering money for D league. End of registration is coming soon so the earlier the better. Is there any way we could give the money to someone else this time to charge on their card for D league?

8. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

Hey guys ... your next game might have a bigger crowd after Stack being on the news. No, it wasn't Marvin Zindler's slime in the ice machine report, but a Channel 11 segment that featured Live Sports Bar.

Good luck on the next game, fellas! Keep the winning streak ALIVE !!!

9. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Lol yeah...they did the little interview today....i didn't even get a chance to watch it. Sucks...probably looked like a spazz haha...

10. BiGGieStuFF

Well damn I missed that. Anyone tivo it :). Be cool to see him squirm in front of the camera hehehe

11. ClutchCityReturns

I'll be there this time.

Hey Biggie, about D-League...my friend, the black dude I introduced to you last time I was there, are we interested in picking him up or no? He would love to join but understands if there's no room. Just curious.

12. BiGGieStuFF

Well looking as Mogrod might be out for D league we can definitely use the extra body. I don't mind having him at all. Hell I'll play some PF minutes if needed.

13. BiGGieStuFF

Great game guys. We were so intimidating they didn't even show up! Win by default again :).

At least we got some games in though. Omega you were playing pretty good D on that one guy. He seemed determined to dribble the air out of the ball though.

Stack - what happened to your shooting :p Good thing we didn't have a game hehehe j/k

I'll find out when our next game is. Tournament should start next week but I'll keep you updated.

Regardless WE NEED TO GET MOOLA in for D league.

It's gonna be 49 bucks a person.

I owe Macalu and Omega about 10 bucks each so just take that off the price. Stack you owe 8 bucks from this league so just add that to your price. :D :p

Rush: Where have you been man? still having car troubles?

This is who I got in for D league.

Biggie
    Omega
    Stack
    Clutch
    Josh
    Macalu
    Kam

Rush and Mogrod I need to hear from you guys too.

14. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

whoa.. 49 bucks a person?? :eek:

and i thought paying 35 was bad enough for the tourney im in.

15. BiGGieStuFF

Yeah it's a YMCA league 385 a team split by 8.

clubmonkey is 450 a team :eek: :eek:

16. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Hey Biggie,

Rush and I are still deciding if we will play or not. He has some things that have come up and, of course, my knee situation.

I did run pain-free for the first time the other day and actually went out and shot around in my driveway for about 20 mins. yesterday to test it out a little. Felt ackward, but I'm not sure if it was me favoring it or what. My shot was HORRIBLE though. Guess it happens when you don't pick up a ball in 2 months. I'm still deciding if I will go ahead and get it scoped.

Anyway, we'll let you know ASAP.

17. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

OK, the games I couldnt get to, the Stalkers won. Maybe its best I dont sign up for D league....

but neways, yea still having car troubles and no ride to get anywhere. I should make it to the tourny so Im hoping to get a few games in sometime to shake off some rust.

About D league, Im not sure if I can play. Money is VERY VERY tight......we need a sponsorship or somethin :D

Anyone want to donate to the "Bus Stop Stalkers Fund" ?

#977 rusHour, Oct 11, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2005
  18. ClutchCityReturns

So what time is Monday's game? :cool:

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

any news on the game? i dont feel like busting ass in traffic on memorial.

20. BiGGieStuFF

Sorry for getting back so late guys. I've been in Austin.

But here it is. Our first playoff games. This is against the team we had the best chance of beating so this game is definitely winnable. They got two bigs still but nonetheless I still believe we can overcome them.

Monday, October 17 2005
    MWE vs. The Bus Stop Stalkers: 7:15PM