1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bash Steve & Cat HERE!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OT, Nov 21, 2000.

Tags:
  1. OT

OT Member

I think maybe Cat is a bad influence on Steve. He might be making him believe that he and Cat are the leaders and they don't need anyone else and that they will control who gets the ball. This is Rudy's team and he needs to make sure they play as a team and distribute the ball.

------------------

2. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Amazing how reliable sports media powerhouse Ogden,Utah can create a lie that sways the opinions of so many of the rocket faithful. Steve and Cuttino are not selfish. The offense is not set up around shandon, therefore his point come off the fast break or hustle points, but since the rockets have not run the fast break effectively this year his numbers are down.Still, he's a defensive monster and thats all I want from him, we already have enough scorers on this team. They joke around, laugh, and play one on one before games together(all 3 of them) there is no feud.

------------------
    www.truebballfansite.homestead.com

3. verse

verse Contributing Member

let's ban ogden!!!

damn, too late.

------------------
    Mobley and Francis ...are not the two best players on the team.

- Rockeem 11/2/2000

4. Franchises' Team

Stevie let it be known he is the best pg with Jason Kidd on the way to town. Did he call it or what?...

------------------
    I'ma need more than 6 and a half rebounds a game from the PF

5. OT

OT Member

Let Steve start posting triple doubles like Kid did or at least assists and then start talking trash.

------------------

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

OT,

Stats are meaningless, just win baby !!

DaDakota

------------------
    If Mankind evolved from Monkeys and Apes, then why are there still Monkeys and apes?

7. OT

OT Member

I agree winning is most important and it's a team game not a one on one contest. I think Steve is great and will get better but, I don't think he should be talking trash when the stats show that he isn't a better PG than Kidd.

Kidd
    Ranks 1st in the NBA in Assists Per Game (10.6)
    Ranks 1st in the NBA in Steals Per Game (2.60)
    Ranks 4th in the NBA in Double Doubles (7)
    Ranks 1st in the NBA in Triple Doubles (3)
    Ranks 2nd in the NBA in Minutes Per Game (42.0)

Francis
    Ranks 15th in the NBA in Assists Per Game (6.3)
    Ranks 6th in the NBA in Free-Throw Percentage (.914)
    Ranks 5th in the NBA in Steals Per Game (2.27)

------------------

8. tacoma park legend

lets not forget kidd followed a masterful 14 turnover game with a "brilliant" game of 4 turnovers on 5-15 shooting against the rocks. Thus far he has not impressed me and I rank the top point guards as follows
    1)Stephon marbury
    2)Gary Payton
    3)Steve Francis
    4)Jason Kidd
    Many say they put Kidd ahead of steve because of his superior defense but thats crap.Kidd is not a better defender, he is a wily veteran who knows how to play the pick and rolls and how to play help D well but he is in no way a better defender than steve as shown by the effort he put on travis best in the 2nd half of this game.

------------------

9. The Voice of Reason

you must be crazy

payton is probably the best pointguard in the game, but kidd is the most well rounded player in the game.

if i was building a team from scratch i would take kidd over everyone else in the league.

francais is good, but there is no way he can score like Payton, or pass like Kidd. in a few years we will talk, but for now those two are king.

also marbury is playing verry well this year so far, but i still put him at 3rd best.

hell if you want to judge guys on their performance over 10 games i would put travis best ahead of francis. but its stupid to judge a guy on 10 games. thats another reason why Francis having played some 90 or so games is no match for Kidd and Payton each with several seasons at being the best.

------------------

10. tacoma park legend

Im not basing my opinion on the past 10 games I'm just not living in the past and ranking players by what they have accomplished over what they are doing now. Marbury was a 3rd team all nba player last year and is a monster. He can take the physical punishment and is the complete package and at this point in his career is better than payton. You ask other point guards who their toughest matchup is and theyll tell you marbury. Im the one thats crazy?Your saying of ANYBODY in the league you would choose kidd to start out a franchise. It makes no sense to start out a franchise with a point guard, especially one who is a great passer but is overrated on defense and in all his years in the league still has yet to develop a consistent outside shot. And for those who bash steves field goal percentage, jordan never shot over 50 percent in a season in his career.

------------------

11. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

Not for their play but they've truly been showing how selfish and un-mature they are. francis waving off shandon?!?!! what the F@#$ is wroing with him?!?! looking for your kitty cat?!?! Don't get me wrong guys. i love steve and Cat, but their selfishness has got to stop or else no one will want to come to Houston if Shandon leaves because of this sh*t!

------------------
    How Sweet it is!

12. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Are you trying to rap?

------------------
    Vice President of the Jason Collier fan club!

13. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

HAHAHA! [​IMG]

------------------
    How Sweet it is!

14. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Stats aside, how did he do against Kidd straight up ? If he ehld up, then maybe steve can talk trash. Did he hold up ?

------------------
    "There are two players carrying the Rockets right now. Hakeem and Olajuwon." Isiah Thomas

15. Miggidy Markell

Steve vs. Kidd

Steve has won every matchup I have seen them have and usually in a big way.

Steve vs. rest of league

Steve would have to be definately in the top 5 at the PG postition but he isn't consistant enough to be better then Kidd or an offensive threat that can take over games like Payton.

Kidd vs. rest of league

JK is a great team defender but one-on-one is very over-rated. Kidd can dish heaps of assists consistantly which is what makes him one of the elite PG's. He is not a consistant offensive threat and doesn't have a great long range jumper which IMO wont get him above Payton for the number 1 PG spot.

Really it all comes down to consistancy. Kidd is consistant at dishing out assists getting around the tripple-double range each night. Steve usually if he is on an off night he will dish alot but on an offensive night he get less dishes. ISO's also kill his assists because of going one-on-one using Cat or Mo the assists don't count getting them the ball so they can dribble round and get a good shot off.

------------------
    Miggidy Markell says:

1. Eastcoast is da sh*t
    2. Rockets rule
    3. Hip/Hop is dope
    4. Buy the new Ruff Ryders album!

Miggidy Markell is watching
    Stay STRAPPED & WATCH ya back or be Assimilated.

16. treeman

treeman Member

I'm not too sure we ought to be worried about Steve v. Kidd or Steve v. Payton or Steve v. anyotherStarPG...

He's beaten Kidd a couple of times, Kidd beat the crap outta him at least once, Gary P seems to have his number... None of that matters. The W/L ratio doesn't support any pattern.

The only pattern I can discern is Steve's tendency to do poorly against Western PGs - while leading his team to victory over the teams those PGs are supposed to be leading...

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Maybe it means he's unpredictable...

------------------