1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley taking shots @ Hakeem/Rockets for "Tainted Titles" during Jordan's retirement

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JimmyJackson, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Last time I checked, Shaq didn't beat Jordan in the Finals either.

****** Barkley.

2. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Using Barkley's logic, all of Shaq's titles are tainted, as he didn't start winning rings until Hakeem stopped averaging 30 minutes/game and was past his prime.

Next?...

3. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

shoulda woulda coulda

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Though we don't associate, me and tinman are from the same era. Similar interests.

That said and being that I have the similar interests, there's no way I'd have the gumption to express and promote them so hypocritically and trollfully.

I'll talk about Naughty By Nature all day, I'll represent Rockets flambouyantly with no shame. I like historical references, but sorry I'll go to someone like Dr of Dunk for the historical accuracy

:eek:

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Whether we like it or not, this pointless argument will go on as long as there are hater Bulls fans and disgruntled ex-Rockets. No matter how many times we prove them wrong. So i say let them hate and make idiots of themselves. The proof will always be there. Didn't Hoeass....i mean Horace Grant just try this last week? I bet Pippen is next.

6. Raven

Raven Member

The only reason he has that job is so people can laugh at him.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I actually like him on TNT. He adds another dimension to the show that makes it more watchable. Just have to remember that every now and then, he will say something stupid.

8. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Charles Barkley has an I.Q. of about 65-70. Why does anyone even take him seriously? He is r****ded.

9. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Just one word to describe charles barkley putting such an emphasis on championships when determining great players....
    [​IMG]

10. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

If you look at the 3 titles that Jordan won prior to retiring the first time...Houston had a 5-1 record against the Bulls during those 3 years so to say that Houston couldnt hang with Chicago isnt true. I know its the regular season but these idiots like Barkley give absolutely 0 facts or numbers to support his asinine opinion. You also have to take into account that Michael had 2 years to recoup from the NBA and you cant tell me that him being 100% fresh for his comeback didnt have anything to do with his success upon his return. People forget that the reason why he retired to begin with was because his father was brutally murdered on the side of a road in his vehicle. With the close relationship he and his father had...can you honestly tell me that he could focus his mind and body towards a 4th title and the mental fortitude to win 8 in a row? Really? Now you can say "ifs" and "could'ves" but Im giving you facts.

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Barfley, I disagree with you on this one. The more he talks about the Rockets, the more I hate him. He really needs to look beyond the hatred for the Rockets. If MJ's dad was alive at that time, then there is more debate, but given that his dad was gone, Jordan didn't have the hunger. Not only that, Jordan had an affair, addiction to golf and a gambling problem around the Bulls dynasty era. All this add up to unfocused MJ. The wide-length Rockets #4 didn't point up the negs on #23, so his argument is pro-Jordan. That is just TERRRRRIIIBLE!!!!!

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Suck it, Chuck.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OnIy_NhcDFg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

When has Charles been right about the Rockets?:confused:

14. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

The way I see it, if we had not given away Horry and Cassell for Barkley, we might have 3-4 championships.

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

Technically, Kobe, Wilt and Russell all won their rings without Jordan.

I guess those are tainted too.

16. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

Whenever Charles talks about championships, all I can hear is Mike Bibby saying to him, "How do you know Charles?"

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Once again Dream, Rockets and the city of Houston get are under appreciated.

18. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

19. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

Since this topic has been talked to death, especially in here. I'd like to add another angle to this argument....

If Jordan stayed, and let's just, for the sake of argument, that he's able to do something to prevent the Rockets from winning. I'm not even talking about the Bulls winning the championships in '94 and '95. I'm just saying that maybe seedings would've been different in the West with Jordan around. A win here, a loss there, etc. A different team ends up in the finals and the Rockets might end up playing Seattle or someone else that seemingly had their numbers. What would happen then?!?

Also, more importantly, if Jordan is that unstoppable in the playoffs and they went on to win those two years, Pippen never developed fully and players such as Kukoc might not get a chance to get used to the NBA. Would Grant leave? Would Cartwright stay another year or two? Would they get to draft Simpkins and Caffey? Would Armstrong prove to be useful and Harper might not be a Bull? More or less, if Pippen never got to develop fully, would they then win in '96, '97, '98? Maybe they wouldn't have enough to beat Seattle or Utah....

What's to say that the teams would stay the same and that the Bulls would continue to win? Everyone liked to play the maybe game with Jordan, but the fact of the matter is: he retired, we won. Any questions about what ifs in terms of Jordan and those two years have a butterfly effect. This has always been a stupid argument because there are not only two teams in the NBA.

20. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Mike only left for one season..