1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley: Rockets one of four legit teams in West

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 12, 2017.

1. blackistan

blackistan Member

This was even more surprising because usually he dogs Harden's defense but the fact that he was downplaying Westbrook's defense made me smile

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

My live webcam of Hell shows that it's still pretty overcast with a chance of firestorms.
    There is a chance of freezing as we get into the playoff season.

[​IMG]

BamBam likes this.
  3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

More love from Barkley to the Rockets tonight. Called Harden Steve Nash on steroids, called MDA coach of the year, reiterated that the Rockets can legitimately hang with the Warriors.

Barkley has turned into the Rockets #1 fan in the national media.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Guess less paid him. Kenny and Shaq were hating.

5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Did Les Alexander finally paid him the money he owed him?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  6. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

lol, no. You can't be serious...

His hate has never been legit, and I don't know how a Rockets fan of all people can't see it... Even non-Rockets fans can tell how far he had his head stuck up his ass.

I think his hate just finally boiled over last year, and he took a step back and realized [to some extent] what a jackass he was being. When he called out Morey and Les on air like a petulant child, he knew he was getting out of hand.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Just imagine how good this team would be if we had a legitimate one on one post defender on this team. If Ryan Anderson was consistent.

RasaqBoi and D-rock like this.
  8. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I disagree. He's already on pace to average a triple double and just about tie Oscar, but if the season ended today, I think Harden would win fairly easily.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

He gave Barkley DMo's incentives ($2-3 million under the table).

DD

hakeem94 and RasaqBoi like this.
  10. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Rockets will be the 6th seed
    Defense needs to be better
    Harden turnover prone
    Harden has yet to step up in big moments (playoffs)

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

But does he cheer when we score, wince when our defense breaks down and pump his fist in the air when we win?

I can tell Kenny does these things in private. I'm not sure Barkley is a Rocket. I can believe he has money on the Rockets, but it's hard for me to see him being a Rockets fan giving he repeatedly kicked us when we were down on national television. And I don't mean he was critical of our poor play. I mean he kicked us in the gut repeatedly, over the top, unnecessary, almost as if to rub salt in Rockets' fans wounds.

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I agree with some of you guys. We stay out of the narrative and play Rocket Ball and we will win a championship. Drama takes away from our focus - including Barkley. We got rid of that in Howard and DMO. This is really the best time to be a rocket fan and they have so much upside it's gonna get better as the season progresses.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Chuck just said Les still owes him the money, so I guess not. That is a testament to just how good a season James Harden and the Houston Rockets are having.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's getting paid to talk about the NBA .
    I think he let his feud with les Alexander get to him.

Kenny wasn't watching the game he was off doing other stuff .

What you guys don't see and what I post shows it's a show . There are other people preparing them with notes and material and makeup

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I understand he gets paid to talk about the NBA and there are writers. That's why I don't question why he doesn't praise the Rockets, or show sympathy for them in loss.

What I'm questioning is how he kicked the sh*t out of us over the top, more than any other analyst, when we were down. Are the writers writing this into the show? That Chuck has to do that? I find that highly doubtful.

And I understand he had a feud with Les, but he's talking about the Rockets. If he had an issue with Les, he could have highlighted issues with the way Les manages the team, and most Rockets fans btw would agree with him. But then again, if he has writers, I don't understand how his feud with Les could be a motive in his script?

Just seems opportunistic to me. If you snap a pic of him cheering for us, you'll convert me. If he apologizes for being an a-hole to the FANS, he'll convert me. In reality I think he has a problem with Les, knows he can drive ratings by infuriating Rockets fans and doesn't necessarily bleed Rockets red.

Kenny is a champion and a Rocket for life. Once a player becomes instrumental in winning a ring, I don't think I can question their Rockets fandom anymore.

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Dafaq..?

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's not suppose to cheer for any team . Neither is Kenny or KG or Shaq

Charles lives in Phoenix but he doesn't cheer for them
    Kenny lives in Los Angeles

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

To clarify my statement about Barkley criticism being legit since it seems to be troubling many, I meant his historical statements about us not being a contender, not his feud with morey or outright mocking of the team because his issues with les. Just that he has been right when he has said we weren't contenders in the past.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Barkley is a comedian. Take whatever he says with a grain of salt. 75% troll comments and 25% truth.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Charles played his best in Phoenix, semi best in Philly.