1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley makes all interview team (an unprecedented 15th time)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HOOP-T, May 25, 2000.

1. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

From NBA.com......

Barkley again talks the talk
    NEW YORK -- Charles Barkley leaves the NBA without a title but as an unquestioned champion in one regard: For the 13th straight year, he was voted to the league's all-interview team.

The retiring Houston Rockets star was joined by Grant Hill of Detroit, Avery Johnson and David Robinson of San Antonio and John Amaechi of Orlando.

Orlando's Doc Rivers led the coaches in voting announced by the league Monday.

Barkley has spent 16 years in the league with Philadelphia, Phoenix and Houston. He has been on the all-interview team every year since 1987-1988 and barely missed in 1986-87, the first season of the award.

The second team was: Utah's Karl Malone, Minnesota's Kevin Garnett, Sacramento's Chris Webber, the Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant, Milwaukee's Ray Allen and Milwaukee coach George Karl.

The award, by the NBA Public Relations Directors Association, was determined by a panel of sports writers and broadcasters who regularly cover the NBA. They were asked to vote on media accessibility and informative and interesting quotes.

I find it interesting that Karl Malone made it.....must have been on sheer humor at his less than stellar grammatical skills.

------------------
    HOOP-T

Hey Shaq, Acme called, and they want their bricks back!

2. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Sorry, it was the 13th straight time.....not the 15th. WOOPS!

------------------
    HOOP-T

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Hoop where have you been ? I posted this topic 4 days ago

------------------
    Proud owner of 271 different Hakeem Olajuwon Basketball cards

4. Calvin23

Calvin23 Member

Rudy should've been on the team also, at least on the 2nd team. Who could forget "Kapaya!!"? He was one of the few coaches who didn't mind wearing a mike, you would think the media loved him. [​IMG]

------------------
    Let me tell you this; I don't care.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Thats allright I just might have to let it slide this time [​IMG]

------------------
    Proud owner of 271 different Hakeem Olajuwon Basketball cards

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

No Shaq?

------------------
    "It's always funny until someone gets hurt...and then it's just hilarious."

-Faith No More

7. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Ahhh Moestavern, sorry to be redundant. The article I read was dated 5-25...so I thought I had the jump on it. Oh well, I must have missed your post. Sorry!

------------------
    HOOP-T