1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley Hates the Rockets!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Methom, Apr 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Some of you act as if CB only talks bad about the Rockets...

Charles, tells it like it is.. no matter who the team is...

Compares to how he talked about the Bucks and Celtics, he was sweet talking the Rockets.

T_Man

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

IF if if the Rox had closed out the Sacramento er Seattle Sonics early instead of letting them take games 5 and 6 the Good Guys would have prevailed over the Utes. Yes they would have.

Then, finally, at last - - the two best players on the planet in the mid-90s would have squared off: Hakeem, #1 during those years, yes MJ he was and Jordan, #2, yes MJ you were #2 during those years.

Re: PG. There was a fella who finally was playing quite well at the 1 when an ACL DQed him; when the Price was not 'right'. Barkley tried to convince KJ to come out of retirement to fill the void. That was the Chuckster's biggest failure.

3. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

maloney was the point guard but he was not on the floor for this play..

the lineup was

threatt
    elie
    drexler
    barkley
    dream

4. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

ive heard charles many times mention that rudy t is one of hisfavoritec coaches and the rockets treated like a star even though he wasnt. the money thin is another issue, maybe hes mad at les..

5. jocar

jocar Member

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i know this, i was saying who the starter was.
    also the reason sedale was out there is because stockton was owning maloney.

regardless, i don't blame charles for that last play.

people are saying this because charles didn't pick the Rockets to win again.
    instead of focusing on his comments about the Rockets vs OKC, this topic is brought up to devalue his time as a Rocket.

New flash to these people. That was the WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Charles does tell it like it is and he was right about the rockets i nthe tmac-yao era. None of us wanted to hear it but we deserve to eat crow. Any criticism he has shouldn't just be dismissed off the bat.

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Is anybody watching Inside the NBA, somebody need to punch Chuck in the ******* face, he is keeps taking shots at us and calling us a cheap organization, it's really getting annoying.

9. everyday eddie

Yeap I was watching.

10. Mprice

Mprice Member

I was just watching it now its basically every segment touches something with or that has to do with Houston. Apparently we fly with southwest and make stops at every city prior to arriving to Houston its getting a little ridiculous.

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I would like him for once to provide a source or proof that we owe him 5 millions.

12. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Are u serious? Chuck is pure comedy. Get a grip

13. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

people on CF's are being a little too sensitive...sure it hurts to hear the truth but at the same time, he sees it as it is. I dont blame him for feeling that way honestly

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

hopefully the organization will get the message.

15. rocketblood713

I dont think he hates the Rockets if hes owed money then he just hates being lied to but as far as the OKC Rockets game and what he says its more then likely spot on

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

If we had Ibaka instead of Barkley he would have sent that ish back. Why was he even in the game at that point? Barkley is not known for his defense.

That's 70% terrible officiating, 20% having Barkley instead of Ibaka, 5% terrible coaching and 5% Drexler.

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Led is cheap.... However we did pay him 9 million his final year

18. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Barkley calls it like he sees it...

Lin is a seasoned vet having started all of one season and the Rockets are old when their star player is only 23, the starting center is in his first season as a starter (last season he averaged 14 minutes per game), Parsons and Lin are 24 and the starting PF is 22.

I didn't know Barkley was blind. It would explain him leaving Stockton wide open on that last possession.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Grow up...

Who cares?

20. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

How can he prove it? The one thing about Barkley is usually speaks his truth. Sometimes his truth is stupid and wrong but it is what he believes to be true. And for the record it was clear back then that the Rockets had to renegotiate Barkley's salary to accommodate signing Pippen to a 67 million dollar deal. That much is on record. My understanding was Barkley took a 4 million dollar cut back then. He even vented as much publicly when he was feuding with Pippen after Pippen called him a lazy fat ass. He said he had to give up 4 mil to get Pippen.

What happened under the table only Barkley and Les know. But I suspect Barkley is telling the truth. I suspect Les made some under the table deal that got Barkley to agree to take the cut. But after the Joe Smith debacle and repercussions it might render he had to reneg. That and the fact Barkley was not the same player anymore and got injured.

ANd if it is true you can understand why Barkley would be a little pissed at Les and I wouldn't put it passed Les to reneg on a verbal agreement if the only repercussions would be Charles' mouth. Unfortunately he did not foresee Charles having such a big megaphone platform to scream from. So now he has to pay for it and so be it. It's not a reflection on the players and coaches. Just Les and a little Morey.