1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barcelona vs Manchester United [Champions League Final]

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 26, 2011.

1. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I responded to your last post, you specifically mentioned "technical perfection" and "skill". ALL the players I mentioned have more technical skill than your beloved Ronaldinho. Did you have to google the guys I mentioned? If not maybe you should look them up, I'm sure my claims will be verified.

You mentioned nothing about dribbling skills in your last post, maybe you should re-read your claims you stated then.

LOL, dribbling is just a single type of skill in football. Just because player X was a better dribbler that does not mean he is more skilled overall, as it is just one aspect. Also just because someone is more flashy does not mean they are a better dribbler. I'm done with you as it seems like you are even more lost than I initially thought.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Now you doubt I know the guys, sad.
    If you would've actually watched Müller or Beckenbauer you wouldn't claim they were more skilled than Ronaldinho, they're not in the same league. Technical perfection and you mention Müller, seriously???? You obviously never watched him or you don't know what you're talkin bout. Saying Müller has more skills than Ronaldinho is just straight stupid, Müller was a pure striker, one of the best, but no near technical perfection.
    You mentioned the 5 best known soccer players, ferrari came up with the real skil legends like Zico and Garrincha. They didn't even come to your mind, you clearly don't know much about that field.

You just mentioned the most famous players from an average viewer's perspective, then you go on with laughable statements like Müller and Beckenbauer had more technichal skills than Ronaldinho. Don't act like you're an expert, your last points show you're a guy that watched a lot of football but never had a detailed knowledge.

Also I'm not only talkin flashy, i mean the difficulty of moves, the handles the guys are able to pull of in extreme in-game situations against multiple defenders.

Again, Müller and Beckenbauer in the field of Zidane, Garrincha, Zico, Maradona, Pele, Ronaldo? Idiotic, sorry.

3. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Again, you show your lack of understanding of the term "skill".

LOL, scoring goals does not require technical skill? His first touch and ability to create or find space was remarkable. Once again I ask you to better understand the term skill.

Now this is a different discussion, as you are getting specific in terms of what type of skill you are talking about. When you loosely throw the words "technical skill" out there, it can be interpreted very generally. Müller and Beckenbauer were on the top of the list in terms of being technically skilled in the roles they played.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What I like about Barca is the way they move without the ball, whenever someone is marking them turns their head, they move to open space.

It is like the read and react offense for soccer.....and it is beautiful to watch.

Messi is amazing of course, but their entire team moves the ball and their bodies better than any team I have ever seen.

And I love watching it.

Congrats to them, they are the best team in the world....being 2nd in the world is not that bad....

DD

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Of course scoring touch and finding space requires a lot of skill, but if you look at the complete package Ronaldinho had an amazing touch too and made Xavi-esque passes cause of his elite vision and passing ability. Discussing the complete package you can't really put Müller up there with the best.

I don't lack the understanding of the term skill, it's more that you try to find niches for players, now you even said "in the roles they played", we're are talking about overall skill here sir, not only shooting touch or spacing.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Not really. I'm a good football fan. I can see how Barcelona shut down the Devils' attack cleanly. I wished Chicharito's team won, but it doesn't mean I won't root for Rooney or Nani... :p

In comparison, it's 4 dudes trying to get a pass in to Yao, while there are 10 dudes (yes, even the Goalie can pass! ;) ) trying to get a pass in to Chicharito... so cut me some slack there, yo. :cool:

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It starts with La Masia, the way they evaluate talent and work with the young players is stellar. Looking at all the drills they do,
    how they train Tiki-Taka is just outstanding. These guys get an amazing ball-iq and court vision over the years, the pass-first mentality and spacing is outstanding. You'll always see how they have a dynamic open lane that creates mismatches and confuses the opponent team.
    Barca will be the goat-club for years with their youth-system, other clubs have to spend way money to get on a level near them.

Only thing I dislike about Barca is the management, too often they sold promising young players for a few million just to later find out they would be a perfect fit, see Fabregas.
    Also questionable trades like Eto'o + 50milli for Ibra added to their financial demise and didn't work out cause of the player's character.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Penalty area strikers like Rooney and Chicharito need creative mids and wings.
    Nani, Park and Valencia didn't work out as expected so far, we'll see how they develop(except for Park, too old to get better). The central mids are the weakness of the team. Carrick and Giggs don't add to an elite offense and don't fit their aspirations. Think they will spend more money this summer, mids are needed heavily.

1 person likes this.
  9. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

So Beckenbauer has fallen below that league? When did that happen?

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

We're talking about skill package and ball handling, not greatest players.

11. DaDakota

This is why I think Donavan is being wasted, he is a creative mid, that puts the ball perfectly on the strikers feet in space.

Unfortunately often times Donavan makes a brilliant pass to open space and the striker is just watching the ball......it is like a good PG making the pass and instead of cutting the wing player goes to the 3pt line.

Drives me nuts....

DD

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

To sum it up for all you guys:
    I'm talkin about the players that had the most skills and could take over games with their ball handling, dribbling vision, passing and touch.

Of course you can doubt Ronaldinho being the GOAT, but he should be considered as one of the best in that category.
    The club i'm talkin bout:
    Pele
    Maradona
    Cruyff
    Zidane
    Zico
    Garrincha
    Rivelino
    George Best

Some would say Stanley Matthews but i've never seen him play, sadly.

These guys were the best players of all-time in my opinion, guys like Müller or Beckenbauer don't belong in the same sentence if you're discussing pure talent and skills with the ball.

13. DaDakota

That is some list.....hard to argue with that.

DD

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

@ChrisBosh:

"I can name you many, Zidane, Pele, Maradona, Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Muller"

We have a discussion about the most skilled players of all time, you wanna act like an expert and begin with "i can name you many", then you state Zidane, Pele, Maradona, Cruyff who i would agree with, but at that point you only gave the four most popular players of recent history. Than you go on with Beckenbauer and Müller who don't belong in that category.

Next you go silly and ask if I had to google these guys, if you think someone has to google these players you're not knowing anything about football.

Seriously you say "many" but only come up with six guys, two of which don't belong in there and four of the most well-known guys ever?

Just to twist it up you start with niches to defend yourself and defend your poor choice because he was a good in the penalty area?

You leave out Zico, Rivelino, Garrincha, Rivelino, George Best, Matthews because you obviously have no knowledge of them but ask me if had to google the guys that every average couch-fan without historical knowledge mentions???

To top your bad flow of argumentation you say I am lost and you doubt my knowledge?

Sorry but you failed on every level.

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Can't argue with that list...Messi is amazing and good for Barcelona...

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Just a little reminder...

[​IMG]

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: I thought Rob Pilatus from Milli Vanilli had passed away!!! Or is he still alive like Elvis, Tupac, Selena and Dick Clark?!?!?! :confused:

19. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I replied based on a post you made which was not clear in its context. I did not read any of the previous pages, my post was based on that single post of yours. That single post was flawed as a standalone post.

Yes, they don't belong based on the criteria you've selected, which took you a number of posts for you to explain.

As stated before I did not do it to defend myself. I selected those players in response to the post I initially replied to you on. Also I only selected 6 guys because I could have named quite a few more but I was not going to waste my time doing that. Those 2 players belong in the Best of All Time list, very few people would argue otherwise.

LOL, now you are getting childish. It's not my fault you can't articulate yourself in sensible manner.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If you don't read my whole argumentation then don't give answers that have nothing to do with the discussion people had for several pages.
    Still you show no football knowledge, all cliche players that are mentioned in every common discussion.

If you need 10+ posts to understand that we were discussing ball skills, not achievements or fame than it's just sad and not my fault.

You talk about bein childish but all your posts contain dumb terms like "LOL", even when your comprehension was invisible and you couldn't defend yourself properly.

Even when you understood the point was skill package you had unfitting points defending guys like Müller and Beckenbauer, why lie and act like it was all misunderstanding now?

Not one of your last posts was an actual reply to my points, 100% hiding.