1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barack's state of the union 2014: "Since I am incapable of working w/ congress, I'll play dictator"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jan 27, 2014.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

He's trying to shift the souring view of his leadership. He's expected to stress that he intends to take unilateral action on a host of issues, since he didn't come close to accomplishing his objectives from last year's speech. He's frustrated and desperate to accomplish something. Less people expected to watch this year.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles...5163039263136.html?mod=WSJ_hp_RightTopStories

WASHINGTON—President Barack Obama's State of the Union address Tuesday night will seek to shift the public's souring view of his leadership, a challenge the White House sees as critical to shaping the nation's policy direction over the next three years.

Mr. Obama will emphasize his intention to use unilateral presidential authority—bypassing Congress when necessary—to an extent not seen in his previous State of the Union speeches, White House officials said.

2. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

It's a shame republicans are unable to get anything done.

They don't even have a direction, it is simply attack the president and oppose everything he does. If they could work and put forward legislation to do something rather than try to chop away everything maybe something could be done. Instead all efforts are at attacking Obamacare.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The clown show cranking it up early today.

4. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Also, I'd suggest not making up quotes. Not only does it look desperate, it negates all validity of your stance. Should lock this up and try again.

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aD3xfT0c99g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

It's about time. All presidents do this.

7. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

Yes they do.

I earned capital in this campaign, political capital, and now I intend to spend it. It is my style. When you win, there is ... a feeling that the people have spoken and embraced your point of view. And that's what I intend to tell Congress, that I made it clear what I intend to do as the president

President George W. Bush speaking to reporters at his first news conference following his re-election.

8. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Good. I hope he goes all out. I even hope that he calls off the 2016 elections and stays in office for another four years. Maybe that would remind people why we have checks and balances in the first place.

9. yo

yo Contributing Member

Barack Obama dominates bigtexxx's thoughts and controls bigtexxx's emotions.

2 people like this.
  10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

thanks for the heads up for tomorrow- I look forward to the POTUS saying that false, made up, misattributed thing in "quotation" marks.

11. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Good God you said a mouthful brother

12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

They have put forth plenty of plans. The most recent came today

Patient Choice, Affordability, Responsibility and Empowerment Act.

The issue is you just aren't paying attention and aren't familiar with any of the Republican plans.

Full proposal here

#12 tallanvor, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  13. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

You cant get past what idea?

15. mc mark

Why replace Obamacare with a watered down version of Obamacare?

16. Nook

Nook Member

In 30 years Barry will be on money.... will be praised in the public school curriculum as a trailblazer that overcame racism from the Right and championed gay rights and the common man..... the youth of today (many of them minorities or biracial) will discuss how Obama made them feel like they could make it, if he could.... those same young people will write history books and be on television.

The Republicans are going to hate it....... but it will happen. My sister and brother are public school teachers in the suburbs and Obama is a hero to the students........

We are living through history, and yes it will be remembered with rose colored glasses... but it is happening, and nothing can be done to stop it.

17. CometsWin

That's amusing. The Patient Choice plan looks a lot like Obamacare. Odd, I wonder where they came up with it? Hmmm....

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I wouldn't sign on to anything written by Orrin Hatch, it will just be Obamacare light, as others have said. Hatch is a Chamber of Commerce big government Republican.

something like this would be better

http://rsc.scalise.house.gov/uploadedfiles/rsc_hc_bill_-_2_pager.pdf

The SOTU will be about stuff no one cares about: climate change, gays, immigration, income inequality, etc.

The economy, unemployment, debt, healthcare, will be largely ignored.

A summary of the true SOTU:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/369451/republicans-insist-self-destructing-peter-kirsanow

19. CometsWin

You certainly have the pulse of the American people. haha

20. mc mark

um..according to our resident bigot, the point of this thread and the SOTU is to talk about how Obama will circumvent congress on the economy and unemployment. :confused: