1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Baptist pastor beats child into intensive care!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockHEAD, Jul 9, 2002.

1. TraJ

TraJ Member

mc mark,

So basically you're saying that other people can derive something from this based upon your experiences during the first 18 years of your life. I find that remarkable.

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

And the more people listen to me, the better off the world will be. ;)

You're right Traj. I guess that did sound a little ostentatious.

I guess I should have said "IMHO".

3. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have you guys heard about the church in the ATL where a bunch of kids had to be put into protective custody because the preacher and parents would beat the kids supposedly during church services (on stage)?

Here.

It is either Baptist or Pentecostal...or both. :)

4. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Well, if the kid was talking back or something, I think you gotta give the people some leeway. I mean, it can be a really stressful job to work in a church and you have to intimidate these punks somehow. Clearly beatings are okay in these situations.

I don't know why everyone is so gung-ho about wanting to punish these brothers. They have a tough job, and some ego and testosterone probably took over at some point. And the kid was in the wrong, so I don't see anything wrong with letting this kid get beat up.

And yes, I'm being sarcastic.

5. DiSeAsEd MoNkEy

yeah, i was like WHOA.

6. right1

right1 Member

I can derive that two cruel and violent men at a podunk Baptist Church outside of Austin almost beat a kid to death and will probably spend a long time in jail. I can also derive that if members of a Baptist Church here in Houston beat some kid that they, too, will be sent to jail and punished.

7. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I've made an impact on this thread without even posting... yet!

You guys are either too funny or demented psychos. Take your pick! :)

8. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Can't we be both like the late Earl Warren?