1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Banshee (Tv Series)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Wanna pay it forward?

2. cardpire

cardpire Member

i watched this show based on this thread and a couple friends telling me it was good.

i don't want to be a tv snob or a debbie downer, and to each their own, but jesus...this is getting some undue praise and comparisons on here.

non-stop cliched plotlines combined with WWE-style fight scenes, and awful acting (besides the star...i think he's a pretty darn good actor). this show is pure cheese, with super-hot women mixed in.

was entertaining enough to grab some popcorn and mow through when nothing else was on though.

5/10

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

^
    This show is similar to how Spartacus started out. Spartacus was mainly violence and sex, but it wasn't until the latter half of the first season before the twists and drama started.

The violence and sex was enough to hook me as silly as the first half of the season was, especially since I had a lack of other shows to keep my attention. The show really picked up in the last 3-4 episodes of season 1. It hit its stride in season 2 and has gained more steam.

If you didn't like Spartacus, you probably wouldn't like this show. If you did, at least finish the first season.

4. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Just senseless entertainment but gets the action fix out of the way unlike any other show on TV. This last season was pretty damn entertaining.

5. VanityHalfBlack

Oh my body is so ready for season 2. Just got done with the 1st season, putting a hold on all shows for now. Season 2 please give it to me raw and nasty, thank you!

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Season 2 was good, but 3 was the best, by far, in my opinion. I can't wait for 4.

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For me season 3 was awesome, but I loved season 2 like I have almost no other season of any television show ever. Just the perfect blend of amazing action and character development. This show is so well done.

8. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I keep on forgetting to watch the background webisodes for season 3. Need to get that done.

9. Two Sandwiches

Haven't watched those. Are they worth it?

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Extra 30 to 40 minutes of content iirc. All background but if you like the show, why not?

11. Two Sandwiches

Might be a good summertime watch.

12. VanityHalfBlack

Damn this show is so good. What makes it so good? It so damn entertaining. Everything that unravels beforehand, as a viewer you absolutely buy into it. Nothing groundbreaking or new that you haven't seen before in any show or action movie but damn it's so fun to watch. I'm halfway done with episode 2 of season 2. That Cherokee Indian Assassin chick, you know it was going to play a big part of the show because the audience is so buying it and it's so fun. It's sexual, it's erotic and full of testosterone meathead action one scene after another.

13. VanityHalfBlack

Yep, it's the best show on tv. Often overlooked.

14. VanityHalfBlack

For those that have not seen the show yet, spoilers are throughout this thread. Like an Idiot I tried to go back a few pages and made the mistake of reading key developments into season 3, fukkkk!!!!! Season 2 was great, littlechef or whatever his name is, might be the baddest villain in Tv. The dude is a big mofo!!! Once he starts chanting those Native Indian tongue, you know **** was going down!

15. VanityHalfBlack

Hollywood, please cast more Redbone in your action movies, thank you!

<div style="max-width: 500px;" id="_giphy_yoJC2yzp2vacdPP8EU"></div><script> _gif_artist = "cinemax"; _gif_artist_avatar = "https://media0.giphy.com/avatars/cinemax/48LoL3y0bFMC.jpg"; var _giphy = _giphy || []; _giphy.push({id: "yoJC2yzp2vacdPP8EU",w: 400, h: 225});var g = document.createElement("script"); g.type = "text/javascript"; g.async = true;g.src = ("https:" == document.location.protocol ? "https://" : "http://") + "giphy.com/static/js/widgets/embed.js";var s = document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(g, s);</script>

16. VanityHalfBlack

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/yoJC2yzp2vacdPP8EU?html5=true" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

17. VanityHalfBlack

18. VanityHalfBlack

Done with season 3, I think we all know who is behind the kidnapping of
    Job
    It's this guy:

[​IMG]

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Just confirmed that season 4 will be the last as the creators want it to be.

20. VanityHalfBlack

SONOFABITCH!!!! Oh man Season 4 is going out with a huge bang!!!!