1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bank of America is Crazy. Has this happened to anybody?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ras137, Jan 15, 2014.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

BoA is horrible. I would not do any business if I had the option. I hate it that they bought my home loan.

2. yo

yo Contributing Member

Am I the only person who has never a single issue with BoA? Granted, I only use them for checking, but never had any weird fees or signed up for anything I didn't ask for. And you can't beat their ubiquitous ATM locations.

3. Ras137

Ras137 Contributing Member

Yeah, that's how I ended up with BofA, because at UT that was all that was available on campus. I think I originally had Bank One (that's a name I haven't thought about in a while), but I kept racking up ATM fees, when I needed cash.

4. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Several years ago, I got the runaround from BoA via phone and at multiple branches. Per the advice of people on ClutchFans, I filled a Better Business Bureau complaint. I got a call from someone at BoA headquarters that helped me resolve the situation in a professional and timely manner.

If you don't get any help from the local branch, I would recommend filing a complaint on BBB's website.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, sounds like you talked to either 1) someone from another country who has no idea what she's talking about or b) someone from this country who has no idea what she's talking about. This is a pretty common occurrence when you call ANY customer service number.

Go to the branch and speak with the manager.

I know everyone hates the big banks, but I've been with Chase (personal checking, business checking, savings, and personal and business cc's) since they bought out WaMu and I've had nothing but good service from them.

We had a guy come fix our dryer while I was a work a few months ago. He was very rude to my wife and didn't even re-attach the dryer to the wall because he was too fat to fit behind it. I disputed the charge on our Freedom card and they refunded the amount the same day while they investigated. The guy never responded to their inquiries so the charge was left off permanently.

Chase always has your back.

6. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Yep, I just dumped BOA recently. They have the worst customer service and most clueless employees that will tell you completely different things depending who you talk to. They're the crap of the banking world imho.

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

BoA sucked. I never had a problem since using Chase.

Same thing with nickle-n-diming Sprint. Verizon has the best customer service.

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Weird, I have no issues paying my BOA CC with my Credit Union account.

My BOA CC is awesome. Can't imagine giving it up unless they change the terms.

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

BoA has been getting ridiculous the last few years with fraud-paranoia. It seems once every few months they shut me down because of "suspicious activity", none of which is suspicious. It's an irritating hassle to have my card declined and have to jump through their hoops over the phone to get my access back because of some random purchase.

I do need to get past the inertia (account dates back almost 20 years to Nationsbank) and dump them.

10. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I was refinancing my house last summer and the folks at BoA were completely nuts.

1) I was working in our Calgary office and they pointed out that I had "an unusual amount of money in a foreign account." I said, "yes, I am on assignment to Calgary right now" They said I would have to move all my money to my US account before they would count it as "real money." I escalated and after many calls they caved in.

2) Then asked me about a $20,000 deposit my bank account. I said I sold my car to my mother in law. They asked if I issued a formal receipt. I said no, she was a relative, but I could make one for them if it will make them happy. They said, well it was a year ago, how do we know you didn't just make the receipt? I said, I just told you I would be just making the receipt, this is just silly. They said they had to make sure I was not covering something up. I asked for an example and they said selling drugs.

And that's why I financed my refi with Chase.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

lulz breh... sounds like they have 3rd graders with ADD running the show there.

As for me, never really had a problem with them when I used their services last decade for like a good 5 years.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

For some reason, this does not sound right to me. I would first try to figure out what exactly went on. Credit card companies do monitor uses of the cards from two different locations in short period. In general, that's a good thing for the card holder. What really prompted "shutting down the card and checking account for 6 months". Doesn't add up to me.

13. Ras137

Ras137 Contributing Member

Okay, I went to the bank today to try and straighten things out. Turns out there are 2 separate issues. First my card not working had nothing to do with somebody trying to access my online account. About a week ago my card had been declined at a pharmacy (a proactive fraud prevention measure, they said). I got a letter Saturday asking me to call them about this charge, if not my card may stop working. So I did call them and verified I had attempted that charge. Well whoever I spoke to, didn't do what he was supposed to do, so come Tuesday they blocked my credit card. Between myself and the bank lady and speaking to 5 different people on the phone, that issue was thankfully resolved.

Now on my blocked access front, she couldn't find anything in the computer about my online access being blocked. She asked if I had tried to get online today, and I admitted I had not. I stupidly forgot my phone at work, so I couldn't check on my phone if I could get access. When I get back to work, I still didn't have access so I get to go back tomorrow to the bank to try to get that worked out. She did print the last month of transactions on the account (all of two) and there was nothing unusual. So at least I'm not here worried that my 115 dollars :grin: in that account is being drained.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

My Buddy has BOA and constantly has to call them to unblock his card.

If he purchases anything online, at like Newegg or Steam they block his card.

Had to wait at a bar for almost an hour at closing for them to fix his card.

15. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Why in the hell do people let them get away with this? When they block your transactions, they're making money on your balance... so why you can't access your funds, they are gaining money on it. This is bull**** regardless of how little money you have in your account.

Seriously, use credit unions or USAA if you qualify and leave it at that.

16. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Don't let me get started on how much wells Fargo sucks as well. I hate banks and what they can get away with.