1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Banana Blender Surprise Album is 121,072 on Amazon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CBrownFanClub, Jun 20, 2006.

Tags:
  1. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EQ60B8/ref=sr_11_1/102-5818305-6324165?_encoding=UTF8

So there's always that to think about. We are also playing some shows this weekend, and should be going up on iTunes ("before the shows in June, for sure" - record company dude) soon, but that's not up yet. I will bump this thread when we are. I am actually kinda psyched on the iTunes thing.

Nonetheless, Banana Blender Surprise, the band of which I am member, is playing...

San Antonio: Thursday, June 22, 8-11 pm, Casbeers
    Austin: Friday, June 23, 10-2, Continental Club
    Houston: Friday, June 24, 10-2, Continental Club

The usual rules apply - no opening band, no breaks, etc.

We used to play alot, now less frequently, but still. Thanks to everyone who has come to the shows in the past.

www.bananablendersurprise.com
    www.myspace.com/bananablendersurprise
    www.texasmusicroundup.com
    preview in the San Antonio Express:
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/columnists/jbeal/stories/MYSA061606.WK.beal.40f441a.html

Thanks all.

#1 CBrownFanClub, Jun 20, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What sort of music do you guys play?

3. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

Barry Manilow covers. Actually, I'll probably download it from emusic.com.

#3 gwayneco, Jun 20, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  4. CBrownFanClub

Neil Diamond actually, but close.

We play roots rock, texas sort of blues rock. we are little wimpier in the studio than live, but it is more old school rock and roll, pre-Nirvana if you will. The live shows are pretty good, i think, we dont stand there and we do not wear short on stage.

This article is not new, but for more info...
    http://www.houstonpress.com/issues/1995-09-14/music/music4.html

5. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I arrive in Houston at 11:30pm Friday....will you really be playing til 2am?

I'd be psyched to hear some Royal Crown and a Moon Pie!!!!!

6. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

My god, that album has 42 songs on 2 discs!

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

You can listen to some of their songs on their myspace page that he listed.

8. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

pre-Nirvana?? you mean, like...Whitesnake?? ROCK!!

9. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Hmmmmm....I don't see any songs on that site?

Would love to hear some samples

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Will you guys be playing anywhere in town around the holidays? One of the best New Year's Eve shows I have ever been to was Banana Blender Surprise.

I have seen you guys two other times that both great as well. Anyway, I will be in H-town for the holidays and would love to see a show, if you guys are going to have any lined up.

11. CBrownFanClub

sweet, we cracked the top 36,000.

Mateo - we are in Austin Friday, Houston on Saturday, but we'll play until 2 for sure.

BobFinn - is your volume up on the myspace page? songs will play if you give them a moment to load. if not, i will help figure something out.

thanks all

12. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

sweet sounds CBFC

come play downunder i'll see the show

13. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

I think I sat in with you guys a long time ago... I used to work for Z107.5 and we (Z-107.5 employees) formed a (very cheesy) classic rock cover band. I remember the guitar player showing me the riff to Keep on Rockin' Me by Steve Miller (which I was embarrased not to figure out myself) but felt better when he had to watch me play the riff to Bowie's Rebel, Rebel because he didn't know it.

Banana Blender is a lot of fun live. Do you still give out Moon Pies?

14. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

I remember BBS playing at many of my middle school and high school functions... good to see you all still playing 10-15 years later.

15. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

The player wasn't showing up on the site last night. It worked today. You guys sound great, especially those telecasters.

16. CBrownFanClub

Kick Ass. Lauren Valle Appreciation Night, Erik Laikam.

ALSO - Party on The plaza - you played Pink Floyd as the rain fell. I am so curious as to who you are - totally awesome memory, thanks!

17. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

I was the lead guitar player. I had a red, pointy guitar at the time. We did a pretty heavy version of Comfortably Numb if I recall correctly. That night at Party on the Plaza.... I don't remeber it as being so awesome! I remember being worried (as the sound guys dried out power strips with blow dryers) that all my stuff was going to blow up! We played about half a set before they pulled the plug. We did get to play a few weeks later (in front of some Beatle's cover band).

I do remember Lauren Valle appreciation night. I think I broke a string on the (borrowed guitar) that I was using during Rebel, Rebel. Since the riff in that song is so crucial I grabbed BBS's guitar player's guitar to keep that riff up. He just gave me this weird look as I pulled his guitar from him in mid-song.... I do remember thinking that he looked so much cooler than I did on stage...

Last I heard Lauren and her husband, Catfish, moved to St. Louis. This was probably 10 years ago and I have no idea where she is. Eric moved to Austin and I suppose he's still there.

The drummer for that band was Steve Robison who did mornings on the Buzz for a long time and the other guitar player/keyboard player was Andrew Huang who works for the Astros.