1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Ban me for 1,000 weeks if the Rockets miss the playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Mar 24, 2013.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

damn banned for 19 years? OP must be crazy. Or he wants to start a new life with a different moniker.

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Prediction on wins for next season? Can we wait for the offseason acquisitions to finish first?

3. jbasket

jbasket Member

No, he called it. Give credit where credit is due. He made bets and everything.

4. Coog4Rockets

Coog4Rockets Member

This thread is very "Ballsy"... smh

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What was Vegas forecasting? If 47 wins is significantly higher than the Vegas line (and I suspect it was), then I think it qualifies as a bold prediction.

6. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Depends on when he called it, before or after Harden? If it was before we got Harden then Much respect.iAnyway we need 8 of 12 to get there, doable but not easy.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7271912&postcount=1643

Apparently, the line for us was 30.5 wins before the trade, and 33.5 wins after the trade.

Even accounting for the fact that home-town fans almost always overestimate how well their team will do (I went with 38-41 wins, IIRC, post-trade), I still think 47 wins is a bold prediction.

Recall that we were losing 2 very good PGs in Lowry/Dragic, and other good players in Kevin Martin and Luis Scola and Courtney Lee. Yeah, maybe we had more talent this year, but experience counts for a lot when talking about wins. Us being on pace to win 47 is an accomplishment for this squad. And I know you'll disagree, but our coaches deserve some credit for it.

8. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

just dropping by to rate a 1 star.
    Can we have a new rule where thread starting rights is denied for a month for every copycat thread? Or maybe when a thread have more than a certain number of 1 star ratings?

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

OP should be credited for making a bold prediction. Period.

With 12 games to go and with 39 wins in the bag, if the Rockets steal 2 out the next 3 (tough games), CX is going to come real close to his 47 wins.

10. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

i will join OP. WE ARE GOING TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!

11. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

If we lose the next 12 games and fall out of the playoffs?

I will hunt you down.

I will kill you.