1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ban Charles, Kenny, and Shaq

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by solid, Apr 21, 2015.

1. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Corey Prigioni

brilliant ! or as he's known at our house, Pepe Pepperoni !

also p.s. people the writer of the piece on the half time banter..the long one, wrote some terrific satire, and that is a very creative thing. Stop being so "oh wait until we this or that..and have some gawddamm fun fools !

#21 jscmedia, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'll never understand why people get so worked up about what these guys say.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I predict Shaq will say "barbecue chicken" at least five times at the half while discussing Dwight's play and his opponents.

4. Normalus

Normalus Member

[​IMG]
    why should you care guys? just relax and laugh of them...

5. KillScarz

KillScarz Member

Very predictable and true. If Rockets are up they'll talk about LeBron and how Curry should be MV, and why Klay Thompson is the best 2 guard in the Nba. Rockets losing and they start bashing on Dwight being stuperman and Harden not being on Thompsons level.
    Ughh.. Annoying.
    Tuning out!

6. davidghall

davidghall Member

MAN we are soft as fans. I hope this doesn't rub off on the team.

7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Surprised people still take that show serious, I see it more as comic relief, another thing usually at halftime I take out the trash, walk the dog if needed, maybe take a glass of Henny

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Haven't really watched them in years. Shack and Charles are not bright human beings, so why listen to them? I do enjoy shacktin a fool once in a while on youtube though.

9. RCPM

RCPM Member

I'll be watching on ROOT.

10. the shark

the shark Member

Why wouldn't anyone want to watch it on Root sports if they have the option to do so.

11. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Barkley and Shaq trolll a lot, but you're right, we need to flat out win to gain respect. I don't care if they talk trash at half time, just keep winning and they'll eventually stop.

12. Asian Sensation

Respect is earned not given. Hard to earn respect when you only advance past the First round once in 17 years.

Anyways, where's Cwebb? I like him on the show.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'll be watching TNT because it's entertaining. Don't judge me. If Rockets win, I'll rewatch the root broadcast.

14. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

CWEBB, Isiah Thomas, Grant Hill, TMAC, Gary Payton would be great replacements for Shaq

15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

"Dallas Mavericks Blog
    Charles Barkley: Carlisle won’t let Harden beat Mavs four times in seven games
    Eddie Sefko Follow @ESefko Email esefko@dallasnews.com
    Published: April 16, 2015 10:03 pm."

Barkley predicted the best team in Texas will win the series. The game 2 likely is not an important for Mavs since they have four more games for them after tonight game, and Carlisle would only let Harden beat Mavs three times, not four, not five, not six.

16. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

17. hakeemthagreat

Yep you guys are spot on. What REALLY irks me is nobody makes mention of how terribly wrong they were when they predicted the Rockets would be fighting for a 8th seed beginning of the year. They made it seem like Dallas was so much better than us and Ariza wouldn't have a significant impact. NOW they're up there doing the same crap smh. Barkley's the same idiot who said Josh Smith wouldn't be a factor with us. He's also the same idiot who said Yao wouldn't score over 20 points. He's ALWAYS been wrong about us. Shaq's problem is his obsession with Dwight. He needs to let that go

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Shaq really ruined that show. You can tell EJ, Charles and Kenny have a rare chemistry that needs to be left untouched. The only other person that I felt that worked with them seamlessly is Chris Webber.

Shaq hardly adds anything of basketball value and analysis. Sure "Shaqtin" is a funny segment but its not really anything "he" did i mean TNT's video guys just go through and find the stuff. I mean at this point now people will tweet vines of stupid moments for them.

Shaq keeps trying to harp on his rings to Barkley - force jokes -- and ones that are not even funny at all. Has super thin skin - he cannot accept any sort of jab towards him but expect to be able to dish them out. You can tell when he gets butt hurt and he just becomes just super annoying to watch. Everything to Shaq becomes personal - he was a funny guy on the court and all but that does not translate at all to being behind the desk.

Honestly you know I would absolutely LOVE it if when Kobe retires he replaces Shaq on the show. Kobe at least would take it seriously in terms of adding something of value and isnt nearly as insecure as Shaq. If Kenny or Charles takes stabs at Kobe I can imagine him laughing about it and everything. As much as he has the 'cold-blooded' mentality on the court - I believe that when Kobe leaves basketball he will leave super secure in himself and what he did and can look back and laugh at himself. I mean there isnt much the guy hasn't done in his career.

But I am not sure what needs to be done to replace Shaq with at least CWebb or get CWebb on air more. The guy is always money whenever he is doing anything- game commentary or in studio

19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

This. I think it's just funny. No reason to get mad. They laugh at us, we laugh at them. It's a circle.

20. bmd

bmd Member

I used to tune in to Inside the NBA just for the post-game show. But since the Rockets have been a good team the past couple years, Barkley and Shaq have trashed the Rockets any time they were mentioned. To the point where their analysis doesn't even make sense... they simply will not say anything good about them no matter how petty or ridiculous their reasoning is.

That really turned me off to the entire program.