1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ballstream.com because this CSN mess sucks!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ultimate6thMan, Sep 25, 2013.

1. gravityonme

gravityonme Member

I've paid the extra 20 bucks to the NBA thank you very much (international league pass rates.) Last season just became available today. Pretty damn sweet. The condensed games aren't too bad if you don't have 2 hours to spare.

I've used First Row Sports before, but I never paid them a dime. The NBA never lost money because I never had any to give. And to charge that much when it isn't even your content... that's waaaay darker than grey my friend.

That being said, I don't live in houston. I don't have to deal with the **** you're dealing with. Maybe siding with these guys could send a message.

2. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I did find some more info regarding copyright infringement in the Netherlands and options that the NBA might take to prevent it:

http://www.aaronkellylaw.com/online...ng-copyright-infringement-in-the-netherlands/

3. bmd

bmd Member

If you cannot see why it is a problem, then I don't know what to tell you.

Here... I'll try to give you one more example to maybe open up your mind.

Let's say there is a drug company out there looking for the cure for Parkinson's Disease. They have spent millions and millions into researching a cure. They finally found it. They spend even more money creating a drug, testing the drug, and eventually bringing the drug to market.

Their drug will be expensive because they have to earn back all of the money they spent in research and development, testing, and production.

If there were no laws protecting their ideas, then that means any company can just copy their formula and sell an identical knock-off drug for half the price. They can sell it much cheaper because they didn't have to spend all of the money researching and discovering a cure.

Well, nobody is going to spend the money buying the original drug when they can get the same thing for half the price.

This destroys the incentive for a company to want to research and eventually develop a drug, because they will make no money because somebody will just steal their idea.

They will just get out of the pharmaceutical business altogether, and we all suffer because nobody is working on the cure for cancer anymore.

4. ktex

ktex Member

Sweet, you can even watch on your Samsung smart tv- which I happen to have!

Watching on a Samsung SmartTV

Press "Sources" on your remote, and select AllShare (Serviio)
    Scroll down to and enter the "Online" folder
    You will now see the RSS playlist you added, press on it to enter, select a stream to play.
    * To playback any streams, you *MUST* create an IP Exception

5. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

By the time pre-season starts, the price for the year is $89.99.

If you purchase BallStreams by October 1st, the price is only $59.99.

That's why buddy.

6. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Its not just about paying or not paying the NBA.
    Even with NBA League Pass the games would be blacked out in the home area unless you want to (and know how to) do the IP masking, etc...

7. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Yeah, but you may pay now and loose it all if they get shut down or even worse if someone goes after the subscribers as well. Is that worth the potential savings? I don't know.

8. Mr. Dominant

I'd rather lose $60 than $90.

But I have a lot of faith that this site won't get shut down.

No one will come after me or any other subscribers, haha.
    I think that's a personal opinion entitled to myself and also to many others who also believe that, who have purchased BallStreams already like myself, and to each their own, right?

I never had cable/dish my entire life while growing up.
    And because of that, I'm just used to not having dish/cable.
    With the internet these days, you are able to get a hold of anything, movies, tv shows, etc you name is. And you're able to watch it on your own leisurely time.

I agree their is a risk... but by any means if the site does get shut down, we the users wont be affected at all. I'm pretty keen on that.

9. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

10. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Dominant, apologies if you aren't associated with the site. It just seemed like you are/were spending an awful lot of time vouching for them.

I think a prudent thing to do would get 1 month as a test run and see what happens.

11. nono

nono Member

Are they going to be showing the pre season games ?

12. Mr. Dominant

Yes. All preseason, regular season, all star game/activities, playoff games.

13. Mr. Dominant

No worries man. We're all a community, just looking out for good stuff for all of us!

14. Mr. Dominant

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Pharmas are generally only looking to make substances that can generate a significant profits, the chances of them coming up with a cure, rather than some form of treatment you have to repeat ad nauseum is negligble.

The moment you say "they won't do if they can't make money" you create this as the only logical conclusion of your argument.

Which leads us to that almost all cures come out of educational institution research any way (in fact I'd be willing to bet any amount of money you wish that a cure for cancer, parkinson's etc will come from a university and not a pharma), which then brings us to another aspect. If medical research was undertaken for education/altruistic motives, we would end up with much better end products. (There's not a lot of money to be made in curing Parkinsons unless you plan to charge $100k for it)

You've been led to believe that the best biologists, chemists, etc work for pharmas for some reason, else you wouldn't even consider the argument.

Roche gives us Tamiflu, Imperial college of London is nearing a universal flu vaccine.

16. TTNN

TTNN Member

Wow, don't know CF have so many hidden nerds. :grin: However, you are so wrong, you totally mixed up basic research and drug discovery.

17. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

18. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Work perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10.1. They do have HD stream, you just need to click SD stream to another side, that is HD stream.

19. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

thanks. i didn't notice that's a button.

20. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

forgetaboutit...i dumped the install ! cant give them my money...too many changes involved also....

Im countin on clutchers to post those links asap when pre-and season get started. Ive got VLC all fired up...its great by the way.