1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ballstream.com because this CSN mess sucks!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ultimate6thMan, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I've been watching NBA League Pass through my Roku 2. Paid 119 for the team ticket. Everything works fine.

2. 713

713 Member

Did they fix the billing system yet?

3. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Usually very good. 1080p. It conforms to whatever resolution I have my Roku set to.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Unsatisfied with the quality so far on the PS4. High quality last year was much clearer. It seems when they added a Medium quality the High quality option suffered

5. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Quality on chromecast over the BSdroid app is terrible this year compared to last year.

6. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Nevermind, works better now.

7. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

I renewed the subscription using PayPal over a week ago and still don't have access. Submitted a ticket 2 days ago and didn't receive a response. Submitted another ticket early this morning and still no response. Kinda sucks but I may have to dispute the charge and look for something else.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

So it's closed to new members?

9. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Stream has been horrible tonight. Extremely choppy & is freezing a lot.

Usually it won't freeze or distort/get choppy.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Yep, I'm on Verizion FIOS 60 MBPs, it certainly isn't my internet connection. I don't think it can handle this many members, which is why they closed off registration.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I agree that their "billing problems" sounds fishy. I suspect the NBA is following the money and going to the banks to stop the flow of money.

As for speed issues, they've been very impressive in the past, especially considering they don't have the original feed. Guys aren't rookies at managing bandwidth/hardware. It might not be as easy as saying "they have too many members now." They might be under an orchestrated attack at the beginning of the season to make people question their reliability.

Notice sites like piratebay don't have either problem. They don't collect money, and they manage very little bandwidth. They are much more nimble and harder to pin down.

#1731 heypartner, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  12. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Hold up are they seriously closing registration even to people who's payments are about to expire? My account expires Nov 17th... I'm trying to extend another year... WTF. I just submitted a ticket. Anyone else in the same boat?

#1732 WhoMikeJames, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

They aren't "closing registration." They say they are having billing problems -- can't process the money. They are trying to make it sound like technical difficulties.

That sounds really bad, considering it's illegal for them to take money. Theory on Reddit is their previous billing processor closed their account. Like I say, sounds like the NBA is following the money and going after the billing processors to say they are liable if they keep servicing illegal activities.

14. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I had to switch over to the ORL stream for OT. Their stream was good and not too choppy. Still have terrible quality on the Roku, which I am not happy about. I would much rather watch it via that than a laptop.

15. cebu

cebu Member

CHOPPY CHUPPY CHAPPY....

THIS IS TERRIBLE.

16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

so is it a blessing in disguise that they didn't grant me access and take my money?

17. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

I can't even enjoy the game with the terrible freezing. :mad:

18. cebu

cebu Member

another choppy feed.

19. cebu

cebu Member

save your money.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This is pretty trashy I would probably ask for a refund if there was a better service out there. This season the service has been awful.