1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ballstream.com because this CSN mess sucks!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ultimate6thMan, Sep 25, 2013.

1. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

have you ever watched a Rockets game on line that was not an NBA or Rockets paid channel ? If so you have already broken your law. If not, no worries !

2. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I am scheduled for a week from Friday.....I think I might just wait as all I wanted was Rockets games. 60 for a full season and all games and both feeds...thats 10 bucks a month and if ATT gets rockets I will gladly pay more. I luv my wireless receivers. I am tired of being sucked dry by the biggest pigs around

3. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I knew I should have made a thread about this sooner or later but I've been pretty busy with work and school!

But thanks for making the thread man, I also really appreciate you using my quotes!

1 person likes this.
  4. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

i have cable but dont have nbatv. i already got vpn + lp but couldnt watch all the rockets games. Nba tv is a rip off for another 20 bux a month.

5. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Yeah you do. But they won't shut down.

Their NHL streams ( www.hockeystreams.com ) should have shut down by now then, but they've been up and running since 2007.

Haha, the questionable legality is for one, but in reality, the legality isn't questionable, it's confirmed, haha. They are IN the Netherlands. I personally don't think they'll shut down. If they do, we get our money back, and we go back to pouting and shouting about CSN/League Pass.

I can't wait for the season to start!

Available anywhere you got internet connection, and a credit card or PayPal service to enable the service! :grin:

It's supported, it says on their website: [​IMG]

I'll get back to you with instructions!
    But if not, easiest thing would be to just connect your laptop via HDMI to your TV and stream.

Message from their Admin when I asked them the same question:

"No: The system only allows one simultaneous login. You can watch from as many devices as you want, as long as they are all on the same network."

Quality is amazing, it all depends on your internet connection: "Every game is streamed at a minimum of 800Kbps, and a maximum of 3200Kbps. The rate at which you are able to receive the stream depends on your Internet connection and computer hardware."

I'll post pics shortly from their archived games.

I'm in no way affiliated with BallStreams. I'm just trying to help my fellow rockets fans out by watching their rockets this season, for a low affordable price of just $60 for the entire year when I found out this service!
    Don't call me a shill. Words before wisdom man, treat yourself to the gutter if you can't say something nice... I'm just trying to help you guys out. While I know I have no control over what happens with this service, I do know it's been running safely since 2007 with NHL's streams, so I see no reason as it won't for the NBA.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If it doesn't get taken down this year and is available next year, I will try it then.

This also depends on user response.

7. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

just subscribed via PayPal and now have access to the full summer league games. at least from the archive, the quality is great. thanks for bringing this site to my attention. looking forward to the Rockets live streams.

8. Nero

Nero Member

How much is it after October 1st?

9. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

If the site was taken down, could the NBA target a select few customers to make a statement like what happened with Napster and the whole illegal downloading of music debacle a few years back? Obviously people still download music illegally but I remember a few people were sued for ridiculous amounts.

10. CCapps

I think I read it was going to be $89

11. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

THanks, Looking forward to it!!

12. bmd

bmd Member

Watching the free streams is a gray area because if you put up with a crappy stream, you probably aren't going to shell out money to pay for League Pass anyway.

It's generally kids, teenagers, or very cheap people who watch free streams, and they wouldn't spend the money anyway.

So the NBA and other organizations aren't really concerned about those people.

Plus, it is nearly impossible to prove in a court of law, so organizations do not even attempt to go after those who simply viewed free streams. They only go after those who broadcast the streams.

But when somebody is reselling their product at a price, and people are paying money for it, this is directly cutting into their business. And that is a much bigger deal, and they can prove in a court of law that you paid money to watch the streams.

In this case, the NBA (or other organizations) can go after not only Ballstreams, but the users who paid money to watch the streams as well.

13. bmd

bmd Member

But on the other hand, the users of Ballstreams could say "How was I supposed to know that this wasn't a legit stream?"

Like if you went to a bar and the bar is showing an illegal stream of a sporting event, is everybody at the bar liable? It would be difficult to say they are liable, even if they paid a cover charge.

Yet on the other other hand, you'd have to wake up pretty early in the morning to not realize that Ballstreams is not a legit and legal stream.

So if Ballstreams was shut down by the NBA, there is no telling what the NBA would do. They may go after users or not. Who knows.

14. ktex

ktex Member

I'm pretty sure that Napster was located in the US. There is no jurisdiction in the Netherlands. If you are worried about it, go buy a visa or amex card at walmart and put $60 on it.

15. bmd

bmd Member

It doesn't matter that they are in the Netherlands.

Remember just a year or so ago, MegaUpload got shut down by the U.S. Government, and they were based out of New Zealand. The guy who ran the site and 6 of his associates were arrested in New Zealand and "indicted by a grand jury in the Eastern District of Virginia on January 5 and charged with racketeering conspiracy and conspiring to commit copyright infringement, among other charges. Each person faces up to 55 years in prison."

Here is an article about it:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomiogeron/2012/01/19/u-s-shuts-down-megaupload-charges-kim-dotcom-6-others-with-piracy/

16. ktex

ktex Member

Wow, that's crazy. On the brightside, I used Megaupload many times and am not facing prosecution!

17. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

This is the most concerning issue for me. If the site was shut down, the authorities now have records of your IP address, Member IDs, and payment info (credit card/debit card/PayPal linked to your bank account/etc). Whatever authorities shut down the website have every way and right to come after you.

I think I'll pass.

18. bmd

bmd Member

I doubt they'd go after any users. And if they did, it would be those who were downloading a LOT of stuff. And maybe even redistributing it.

19. CCapps

Same thing with Pirate Bay iirc. I'm not trying to talk anyone out of it, it's just a thought.

20. bmd

bmd Member

That's my thinking. They probably won't get shut down. Even if they did, they probably wouldn't go after the users. But if they wanted to, they'd have some damning evidence.