1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ballstream.com because this CSN mess sucks!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ultimate6thMan, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Depends on what your'e using. I don't use any of those stupid "proxies" that people on here talk about. Also, I think a lot of people here don't know the difference between a VPN tunnel and a proxy lol.

The VPN provider I use has a simple application so I pretty much just clear my cookies, decide if I want to use "seattle" (since there is no nba team there) or another city and load up my browser and sign into league pass.

#21 Scionxa, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  2. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

I am going to sign up for this. I have DirecTV AND Comcrap just to get CSNHouston. I can dump Comcrap's TV service and use ballstreams instead. Instead of paying $60 a month I will be paying $60 for an entire year.

3. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

I'm going to go for it. Sixty bucks isn't such a big deal if it gets brought down, it will buy some time until a deal gets done.

4. Scionxa

Depends on how many people want me to? Everyone seems to be leaning toward this ballstreams site. I'll do a write-up for sure, and if anyone wants to PM me, I'm pretty good about responding.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'd like to see instructions. I may or may not do the ballstreams thing, but either way I would like to know how I could go about doing it the VPN/NBALP way.

6. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

will be investing in this

7. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

How would one use the Directv set up box for ball streams? Instructions?

8. Scionxa

You can't use a Directv box for that....

9. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I'm almost certain that I'm going to be doing nbalp but I'll just pm you about it so this thread can stay on topic .

10. tim562

In the Orginal Post it said "Directv Set-top boxes"...what can I use then?

11. Scionxa

I don't see that, but you most definitely can't do that. I have a Genie (HR-34) and it doesn't even have a web browser. It does have some media server capabilities but it's locked down to just pictures.

Based on their site, you can use it on PC's Macs, PS3's, Xbox 360. iPhone & Android too.

12. tim562

Ok, thanks Scionxa. I'll just have to move the PC or Laptop....

13. Ultimate6thMan

Glad to see you guys are enjoying this thread, thanks to Mr. Dominant!

I think I'm gonna try this and hook up my laptop with a simple hdmi cable so I can view it on the bigscreen. Plus I can use the hdmi cable on most tvs in hotel rooms when I have to travel.

If I lose $60 bucks because they eventually get taken down, oh well, I have wasted more than that on drinks for women who didn't eventually put out. lol

Anything will be better than all the firstrow streams from last year, but I was appreciative of that for what it was.

1 person likes this.
  14. moose

moose Member

I've purchased League Pass from Dish for the passed 8 years. But this is temping if legit. Can multiple people share the same ballstream account? I share my LPBB with my brother who lives out of town and we've never had a problem.

15. ktex

ktex Member

If you mean by "legit" that's it NBA sanctioned, it absolutely is not and will not be. For $59 it's worth the risk IMO.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

According to their FAQ you cannot share the games.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You're right that they can't (or won't) do anything about that, but it does violate the League Pass TOS.

18. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

If they were to get "shutdown" That would involve the domain getting seized. The website would more than likely remain operation and would probably change their name to ballstreams.nl or something people more than likely wouldnt be out any cash. Judging by the quality of the NHL streams if they do NBA in high def I am on board.

19. Scionxa

Yup it sure does, I believe I am the one who told you that ;) You asked in an earlier thread.

Unfortunately, I don't really have another choice, and I'm not doing Ballstreams.

20. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Maybe we should have a poll on whos going to or already has subscribed to ballstream. Anyways can anyone tell me their video quality compared to NLP?