1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ballislife.com Made a Terrence Jones Mixtape

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

[ All these are comments I was gonna say THEN, the day this video was 1st posted ]

Even if its not blow by speed that he has, its more about the ballhandling and skills at his height and relative to his POSITION that gives the advantage. Jones is 250 lbs.

The same as Royce White really. Just Royce has more body control and command of dribble. Lamar Odom doesnt have a quick 1st step. But its always a step faster than the big man he goes against.

His game is a bit "vanilla". But what he does would probably look more "transferrable" on an NBA court, especially against the Luis Scola type big men. If he's a cross between a Rodney Rogers and Lamar Odom, that'd be good value at the #18th pick.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Alright, if that makes you feel good about yourself go ahead.
    I'm just mad that Royce is trash. He was supposed to be a triple double threat.

3. RedRedemption

Lol y u mad tho?

4. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

he is going to be moved anyway. why get excited about a solid SL performance?

5. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Lol, already calling White trash after 1 SL game. SMH.

Well I'll give you credit, I'm surprised you haven't made a Royce White thread already where you post a video of him bench pressing 185 28 times. Then I'm guessing you would go on to say he is weak and skinny but you ultimately predict he is going to have a Hall of Fame career based on that YouTube video. That seems pretty much on par with your Jones thread and posts.

6. RedRedemption

You based your opinion on Jones after one game. Chill out, not sure why you're so mad over a wrong opinion. Royce looked lost out there and so far he's proven to be a terrible finisher from what I've seen in SL and Rockets scrimmages.

7. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Where did I base my opinion on Jones after one game? That wasn't my first time watching Terrence Jones play. I, a long with many people, have already stated that he is NOT slow and unathletic before the game was even played. He proved to be an explosive athlete at Kentucky, he proved to have quickness and athletic ability yesterday, he even proved it in that YouTube video of him from high school you posted that made you definitively state he is unathletic and is already a bust lol.

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Just from watching the game and hearing the commentary. It seems like Jones is one of McHale's favorites. If you listen to him (from the game commentary), he even compared him to Chris Webber.