1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ball Don't Lie] Rockets Preview by KD

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by srrm, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

considering how many times you tried to provoke him in the top centers of this decade list thread, jsut to have him ignore you every time....it sure looks like you posted that article to provoke him yet again.

the author of that blog has requested that we dont post his entire articles, a request that we prefer to honor. You know that.

I edited your post to remove the article.

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The language is uncalled for, even if the poster is asking for it.

The article is fair, but I think the offense is way understated, and the defense overstated. If we are going to a more fast tempo style, teams will score 75 points plus with ease. The lowest scoring team in the league averaged 93.6ppg, and the stingiest D gave up 91.4ppg.

3. aghast

aghast Member

Forget whether he's a "celebrity" or not, the guy knows a tremendous amount about basketball.

Which, on a basketball board, would traditionally merit a modicum of, if not deference, at least respect.

On topic, .500 seems a worthy goal.

1 person likes this.
  4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I disagree with the author. I think the rockets are able to win 45-50 games, and we will make the playoffs.

I know the rockets didn't play very well in the preseason games. But, I think that was because of the roster change. The new rotation needs time to be completed. Adelman probably hasn't made his decision about the final rotation, and how to use Andersen and Ariza in his system yet. Remember that, the rockets almost stugguled at every beginning of the season because of players or coaches change.

I have faith in my beloved rockets.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you should bet money for the tip jar with KD on your predictions.

I've done it before.

6. abc2007

abc2007 Member

WOW! You read my posts! I feel honored again! :cool:

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I wouldn't feel honored, he's read millions of ****ty posts.

8. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

35-45 wins is the worst case scenario for the Rockets. You basically miss the playoffs and get stuck with a crappy lotto pick(13-15). The best case scenario if it becomes apparent we can't make the playoffs is to showcase one of our young scorers(like Landry or Brooks), have them score a ton of points, and trade them away in a package with Mcgrady for a superstar. Then get in the range of a top 8 lotto pick and next year you have Yao, another superstar, and a good prospect.

9. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

He was simply referring to the poster as a rooster.

10. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Yep... sort of an homage to the Mick Jagger concert strut.

11. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

I call him Richard. :D

I disagree with KD, but he lays out compelling arguments as well as reasons to doubt those arguments. abc2007, stop being a prat. KD is the best basketball writer on the net, and his articles during the season are super informative and a complete godsend during the dog days of summer. The fact that he posts on this board is awesome and a testament to the high standard we sometimes achieve.

He makes his money by writing and by generating page views, and robbing him of those views jeapordizes his job. He has asked us not to post the full article, and continuing to do so is lame.

12. RyanB

RyanB Member

he's right
    the best scenario would be the rockets winning 41 games with a healthy TMac :cool:

13. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I don't think you need to post this. The mod has done his job...

btw, I think KD should be grateful. If there is no any controvesal, this thread should have been dead already...

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I read your post too. You better feel honored! :mad:

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I do! Thanks. :D

16. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Let's take off our "part of the family" blinders. Kelly has always been heavy on rhetoric and weak on real basketball analysis. Guys like this are the first to go when sites like SI.com are looking to trim the excess fat. He's only taken seriously here because of his history of posting on Clutchfans.

I'm not going to be crude and say who lies where the ladder of internet basketball writers, but I don't think abc2007 is at fault for questioning Kelly's increasing use of expletives on this site and condescending attitude.

17. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

the article has some good points...37 wins seems pretty accurate but i think more like 45 wins

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I find many of his stuff enjoyable, but I do think his articles don't always have the most amazing insight. I've never read his articles thinking of him as an expert, but rather than a fan that loves Basketball.

19. Pete the Cheat

the article is worth the read just for rehashing the mutombo clip...

the 37 wins is pretty fair considering the current make-up of the roster.
    I mean...you can't really make an educated guess betting on morey hitting another home-run with t-mac's contract.

20. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Umm, I left SI.com for four times as much money, going from the sixth-most popular sports site on the 'net to the most popular sports site on the 'net. And they've been trying to hire me back ever since.

Since the Chad Ford days, back in 2000 and 2001 (I used to have another version of my name on here), I've been asking people to not quote entire articles by not just me, but by others. Now people are doing it on purpose, hoping to get a response.

How else would you term that type of behavior?