1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bagwell solid at 1rst?????

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by TMac640, Jan 13, 2005.

1. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Around the Horn: Corner Infielders
    Bagwell solid at first, Lamb and Ensberg share third

OHHHHH....ISNT THAT GREAT....lol......Who in the hell thinks that Bagwell is a solid at first....i mean the man doesnt have a shoulder....but i guess you really dont need much of one to play 1rst...but come on cant we see if there is anyone else better that can back him up...cause i have a feeling that hes going to get hurt this year....but idk....and i like the idea of lamb and ensberg sharing 3rd....maybe some time one can play short and someone can play 3rd...but WHOES PLAYING SECOND........the question is still out there...anyone have an idea....if so....someone tell me

2. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Chris Burke will be playing 2ond :D

3. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

we better be looking for a replacement fast if bagwell has "no shoulder" :)

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm still trying to determine if that was english or not.

Bagwell is still very solid at 1st, arm or no arm. He still digs out nearly every ball. He still uses his body about as well as any at 1st to block and rob potential hits. He still is good offensively, taking walks, hitting hr's and for decent average, and knocking in runs. So, I'm not sure whay you're trying to say.

You want Ensberg or Lamb at SS? Everett is already one of the best defensive SS and his offense was getting very good before he broke his wrist. Gary Gaetti did a number on him. He was driving the ball to the gaps and stealing bases. Look for much of the same this season.

Chris Burke will be at second and will be a very solid player. He, too, is very good defensively and will probably need a month or 2 to get his feet wet offensively in the majors.

5. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

As long as the only throw he has to make is an underhanded toss to the pitcher covering 1st (and this isnt meant to be sarcastic), then he is fine...not much gets passed him that shouldn't

6. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Man, just found this picture of Bagwell. He used to have a serious mullet.

[​IMG]

7. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

They may mean solid as in he has no competition on this team at that position.

8. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

To bad Carlos Delgago or Bagwell can't play a different position. :mad:

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think they are just trying to reaffirm that Jeff Bagwell is not a liquid.

Although if he was, I would bottle it and sell it. Then I could buy and sell all your asses.

10. TheRaven

TheRaven Contributing Member

I think the logical move will be Berkman to first, at the first sign of Bagwell not being able to hang. Hell, Berkman played first in college and who knows what kind of wheels he'll have left after his surgery anyway.

11. Jester

Jester Contributing Member

That would be the right move for the Astros to make. My thought is by putting Berkman at 1st, you add a few years onto his career.