1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BAD NEWS: Mo Taylor will play next Monday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by djunior, Nov 23, 2003.

1. djunior

djunior Member

From the Houston Chronicle:

Taylor said he would have to treat the ankle but did not believe it would keep him from playing Monday against the Clippers.

"It was one of those situations, guys fall around," he said. "It hurt, but I didn't think it was that bad. It will be sore, but it shouldn't be a problem."

Hey, remember how the momentum shift during the Portland game the moment he entered? Better watchout, coz this kind of thing gets contagious.

2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

When isn't MoT hurt? :rolleyes:

3. yubojiang

yubojiang Member

he better play well with his sore ankle

4. CRC

CRC Member

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/2243351

By JONATHAN FEIGEN
    Copyright 2003 Houston Chronicle

Rockets summary

No sitting down

The pain shot through Maurice Taylor's left ankle, but the thought that filled his mind hurt more.

Taylor, playing just his second game after coming back from a league suspension, had fallen under the Rockets' basket Friday in Portland.

He had spent the entire preseason rehabilitating the left shoulder he had dislocated in the Rockets' second day of training-camp practices. After spending the offseason getting his body in likely the best shape of his career, he had spent four games of the season trying to get his game back in shape.

But with a sudden fourth-quarter burst, he seemed past the preseason and suspension rustiness, only to be sent back to the bench limping.

"When it first happened, it was in the back of my head, you come back from everything and someone falls on your ankle," Taylor said. "That split-second you think, `Am I jinxed or something.'

"That's what I didn't want. That's why when I came to the bench, I told Keith (Jones, the Rockets' trainer), `Tell coach I'm ready.' I didn't want to sit down again. That was the biggest thing, regardless of what happened, I didn't want to sit down again."

After a timeout, Taylor stayed in the game, scoring eight of his 13 points in the fourth quarter when he made four of five shots.

"Some shots fell for me," he said. "I stopped being so hesitant and started putting the ball in the basket. I knew we needed some points. It got to the point in the second half, they were sloughing off me a bit, and I got a couple shots to go down."

Taylor said he would have to treat the ankle but did not believe it would keep him from playing Monday against the Clippers.

"It was one of those situations, guys fall around," he said. "It hurt, but I didn't think it was that bad. It will be sore, but it shouldn't be a problem."

Memory loss

The brief altercation between Rockets guards Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley and Portland's Qyntel Woods and Jeff McInnis apparently knocked their memories loose.

Trail Blazers players said Woods had made a comment in the final minutes of the Blazers' win that angered Mobley and Francis, who took it up with McInnis. After Francis ended the game with an uncontested, breakaway layup, there were words between him and Woods, with McInnis standing between them.

Mobley's longtime friend, Rasheed Wallace, restrained him.

Asked what he remembered about the incident, Mobley said, "No, no, none at all. I didn't do nothing. I didn't see nothing. Nothing with Qyntel Woods."

Mobley still seemed angered by the incident or the questions, but Francis laughed about the repeated questions that he said he would not answer and changed the subject.

"I don't remember," Francis said of the incident. "I know we lost. Any loss is frustrating. Coach always tells us the best way to make up for a loss is to see how you rebound from a loss. We're going to be on the road for four more games. We have ample opportunity to make up for it on the road. We play Monday, so what we look forward to do is rebound from a loss."

5. CRC

CRC Member

djunior,

A few friendly suggestions in hope to raise the quality of your threads:

1) If you want to quote something, do provide the link to the article so everyone can read the source & the full article.

2) It appears to me that the content of your starting post is more like a reply post. A better way to start a thread & foster good discussion is to offer both objective and subjective views of a certain situation, use logical reasoning to discuss/analyse the pros & cons & asking for people's opinion regarding them (example- look at MacBeth's thread).

3) See my Signature

Hope it helps! :)

6. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Why is it bad news that he will play next monday?
    Its good news that the injury is not serious enough to put him on the IR list again...;)

7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Sorry, but that seems a little ridiculous to me. All of us sometimes get frustrated by other member's posts, but it's unfair to make a sig calling out posters who you think are not putting out good quality posts. Carry on....

Cod

8. CRC

CRC Member

9. hulk

hulk Contributing Member

I don't know what others think. But I think you did not show your respect to these posters. Try to think what if someone else put you in his/her signature with negative comments. I thought we were all adults. Maybe I am wrong?

10. CRC

CRC Member

We can discuss this in the feedback forum thread I listed in my previous post.

11. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I believe your observation is skewed -- unless you a fan of a team other than the Rockets. I wish posters could believe in our players. They don't always win, but no team does. I don't mean to bash valid criticism, but much of the criticism -- like this -- is not valid.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Your post is peevish and unnecessary, IMO.

MoT has shown some definite maturation recently by coming to camp in his best shape ever, working to get integrated into JVGism, and dealing with an apparently unnecessary blemish/abuse suspension.

MoT has a pass from me and it lasts as long as he deserves it, hopefully forever.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

bad news?

So you would rather Pig Miller play?

Get a clue djunior, maybe one of your threads would get over 2 stars for a change.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

djunior, I know you rarely come back and visit threads that you start, but in case you do I have a question for you?

Who on the Rockets do you like? Why are you a Rockets fan? If you don't like the team, try finding one that you do like. Most fans root for a team because they like them. Some fans may wish that players had different strengths or would grow in different ways, etc. But I've never seen a fan who flat out didn't like so many of the players on the team.

15. hulk

hulk Contributing Member

How do we rate a thread? The moderators or fellow posters?

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Thingy, bottom right corner.

17. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

djunior, djunior, two threads, three stars combined. I hope you make this rating system worth it and improve quality, not quantity.

18. hulk

hulk Contributing Member

Got to use it from now on.

19. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Mo Taylor=Instant offense Right now, he is the only guy at the 4 spot who knows how to score. You really don't know what you are talking about junior.

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

A lot of us could care less what is in someone's signature and therefore turn the entire function off. Makes for a much cleaner display.

I'm glad it looks like Mo's ankle is not serious.