1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bad Neighbors

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Htown's2kFinest, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Htown's2kFinest

Got a problem here. It's summer time, the little kids are running free. And a house next door to me has a couple of them. One 8th grader, a few of his smaller siblings, and their big high school brother. The older folks in that household usually have people over late at night drinking and playing music on their driveway. They're the only ones on my street that I have a problem with and from talking with my other neighbors, they're not very fond of them too.

Recently about a week ago I had my car radio stolen. The one day I forgot to lock my car after coming home... The person that stole it had to have been in a house near by cause my car beeps every time I lock it. Whoever it was, knew I didn't lock it that day. I'm suspecting that it was the high school kid next door. Him and his 8th grade brother seem like trouble makers and usually the high schooler is out smoking late at night on the driveway too. Ever since my radio has gone missing he hasn't been out standing there.

Also just the other day I went out to cut the grass in my back yard and seen that my fence that separates my yard from theirs has two broken panels. Those same two panels that I had to nail back on a while ago after they somehow were knocked off. On the ground I seen crab shells they apparently threw over the fence onto my side, probably from one night when they where partying late.

I'm really getting tired of them. I already reported the stolen radio the day I found out it was gone; should I report the broken fence too? What should I do? What would a fellow clutchfan do?

2. liljojo

liljojo Member

Do you even have to ask?

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. Htown's2kFinest

I knew someone was gunna post that. :eek:

4. liljojo

liljojo Member

It was obligatory. Carry on.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Are they renting?

6. Htown's2kFinest

No I wish they were. Maybe they'd be gone eventually. Pretty sure they own the place.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

Well you can't prove your they stole your car radio and took out two of your fence panels out. I think you'd better have a camera out one night they have their little gatherings.

Other than that, I think you can only complain about noise disturbances or what not, if at all.

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Video camera, dvr, lawyer.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Move or get used to it. Everything else is a waste of time.

10. YaosDirtyStache

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Costco has a security system for $250 bucks you might consider. They also have several others that go way up in price from there. Here's some info on it:

[​IMG]

Swann Alpha
    ‘Defend & Deter’ Security Monitoring System
    4 Channel H.264 DVR
    with Smartphone Viewing
    & 4 CCD 480TVL Day/Night Cameras

http://content.costco.com/Images/Content/Product/559878.jpg

Something like this, as much a pain as it would be to buy and install (absurd that you have this problem, but it happens), is probably the only way you're going to nab whoever is responsible. Video of them knocking down your fence and tossing things into your backyard might be useful, as well as possibly catching another robbery attempt with your cameras. Also, you don't have an active homeowners association? In my neighborhood, this crap wouldn't fly. Heck, they have rules for all kinds of stuff. You might look into that. Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  13. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

If it's an option, move.

From my experience, bad neighbors is a sign the neighborhood is going into the crapper. Late night parties. Broken fences. Throwing crab shells into your yard. Smoking in the driveway.

Time to move. People b**** about HOAs, but neighborhoods that charge high dues keep trash out. Apologize if that sounds elitist.

#13 Smokey, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  14. Htown's2kFinest

Thanks for the serious reply. I was thinking about getting a camera but though it might be too much money and trouble. I know Fry's has a lot of security cameras. I did get my own alert system to go with my own 'personal security' if someone was stupid enough to break in my house. Will for sure check that stuff out.

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:( It's too bad you can't prove who stole your radio, but from now on, you can lock your car with maybe a silent alarm... then CATCH THEM IN THE ACT.

And, yes, record it with a video camera.

Look, man, if they do something against HOA rules, then report it. Make sure you don't come out and laugh at them when they do get cited, because they'll know it was you that ratted them out. If your HOA can't do anything, then take it up with the law.

Also, talk to your other neighbors and pretend it's been you with the parties, to see if they will ask you to cool it, or if they know it's your neighbors. This will help determine who knows each other there.

If you can, GET OUT and meet your neighbors and talk about it. Sooner or later the more mature or adults there will understand your concern.

16. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

purchase a gun? Mount a cannon in the front yard? Purchase a rottweiler? Buy a bear trap? the possibilities are endless here

17. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Tell them you are from Texas, and not from Florida.

18. Nook

Nook Member

I know... I am SO tired of people standing in their driveway and smoking.

1 person likes this.
  19. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

What his neighbors do effects his property value and quality of life.

For example, you have every right to park a junker in your driveway and I have the right to call you a dick for that eyesore.

20. VanityHalfBlack

Go out there and kick their fockin asses!!!!!