1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Bad Info] Houston Rockets have offer on table for 6th pick & Anthony Randolph?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kapeci8, Jun 1, 2010.

?

BOSH AND RANDOLPH or ARIZONA?

1. bosh and randolph

119 vote(s)
    85.6%
  2. budinger and hill

20 vote(s)
    14.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kapeci8

kapeci8 Member

Edit 6/2/2010 3:51pm -- This post is not accurate. The original poster <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=5338217#post5338217">admits here</a> that he based this off of bad information from a friend.
    <HR>

Marc Stein just reported on NBA TV, when they were talking about where Lebron would land. Stein says that Golden State has been shopping the pick with Randolph since the lottery. Stein says that the Warriors have fallen out of love with Randolph after a public ongoing fued with head coach Don Nelson. The Warriors appeared to have given up on 20 year old Randolph, and wouldn't mind sending him to houston, with a proposed trade centered around 14th pick from the rockets, 2012 knicks pick, and maybe a throw in player(not Aaron brooks or Jordan Hill.) maybe a guy like Chase Budinger who has ties to the California area, and who the Warriors are very high on. The only thing keeping this swap from happening is that Daryl Morey still has hopes of trying to acquire Chris Bosh, although he thinks its possible that Chris Bosh becomes a Rocket, I have spoken too many gm's who have followed this free agent class, and they believe the Knicks or Chicago is a destination he will end up at, But one thing i have learned is to not count out Daryl Morey.

As for why the Warriors want to trade down in the draft, many believe that a player they like is paul george or gordon hayward. As for who the Rockets would take, Daryl Morey would love for Cousins to fall in their lap at 6, but it is highly unlikely that he does which is why Morey has not agreed to the trade.

2 people like this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Edit:

Actually sounds decent.

Randolph was the 14 pick a couple of years ago. He's not even proven and still raw.

The 6th pick would be great if we could draft Greg Monroe.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hope it is not Budinger......but a swap of the picks and give them the Knicks picks and maybe Llull or Taylor, or even Ariza or Battier, but not Cbud.

DD

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good news
    Certainly something going on there....

5. REEKO_HTOWN

Don't fall in love with players. You will not be happy with the way Morey looks at them. As assets.

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure C-Bud will be the deal breaker. C-Bud has to stay in Houston though, he will be making clutch shots for our championship teams for years to come :).

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Any way we can unload Ariza instead of Chase? Please?

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I look at them the same way, and while I like Randolph's potential a LOT, his attitude scares the heck out of me.......

He could be great or Stromile Swift like.....

He has all the skills, but his attitude is holding him back.

Meanwhile CBud has all the skills and the proper attitude and skills.....

I would move Battier or Ariza for him in a heartbeat, as they are redundant, but Chase offers a little more upside than either of them.

And I would move CBud in the right deal, but Randolph is a HIGH RISK move, IMO.

DD

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Same here. The guy looks like a time bomb and is my candidate for the next player who attacks a coach BUT in Morey I trust. The kid does have a fantastic set of skills and might just need to get out of the constant dysfunction that is the Warriors locker room. Surround him with Battier, Hayes and Scola and the kid might turn into a beast and a decent person too.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

as reeko pointed out randolph was the 14th pick a few years back and has been in nellie's dog house since he was drafted. he has to work on his frame a little but has the potential to be a versatile player in the league. And I do not think we'll be able to find a Randolph like talent this year at 14.

the 2012 knicks probably wont be better than 6 either so thats a plus and I am sure having Chase in there is not something the Rockets wanted to do but if they are able to keep Hill in the process that is even better and they do need to give up something of value to the warriors.

There will still be a lot of quality players at #6 in this years draft. I am sure Morey could pick up an even better player like Wes Johnson to replace everything Bud does and then some

but then again I can see morey flipping #6 + hill to NJ to get the 3rd pick as well

But as in the past its rare to see draft deals leaked this early to actually go through so I wouldnt put too much stock in it just yet

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The Rockets will definitely be all about Bosh on July 1, but I do wonder if they will get a good indication before that if they have a chance or not. I'm not sure how this trade would hurt their chances of satisfying Toronto though ... if I'm reading that correctly, you lose the 2012 Knicks pick and possibly Budinger, but your #14 has been significantly upgraded to #6 and you have Anthony Randolph.

Seems like better assets to work with (though I'm sure the specifics of the deal aren't known).

<a href="/showthread.php?t=186875">Props, Deuce</a>.

1 person likes this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When Anthony Randolph gets more than 30 minutes a game, he averages something like 25-15-3-3...

Guy has RIDICULOUS potential...

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Successful Trade Scenario
    Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to Houston and Golden State being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Houston and Golden State had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID
    Trade ID #5538016

Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario.

Try Another Trade or visit our Trade Forum.

Houston Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -8.1 ppg, +2.9 rpg, and -1.7 apg.
    Incoming Players
    Andris Biedrins
    6-11 C from Latvia (Foreign)
    5.0 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 1.8 apg in 23.1 minutes
    Anthony Randolph
    6-10 PF from LSU
    11.6 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.3 apg in 22.7 minutes
    Outgoing Players
    Trevor Ariza
    6-8 SF from UCLA
    14.9 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 3.8 apg in 36.5 minutes
    Jordan Hill
    6-9 PF from Arizona
    4.0 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 10.5 minutes
    David Andersen
    0-0 from
    5.8 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 14.1 minutes

Golden State Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: +8.1 ppg, -2.9 rpg, and +1.7 apg.
    Incoming Players
    Trevor Ariza
    6-8 SF from UCLA
    14.9 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 3.8 apg in 36.5 minutes
    Jordan Hill
    6-9 PF from Arizona
    4.0 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 0.3 apg in 10.5 minutes
    David Andersen
    0-0 from
    5.8 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 14.1 minutes
    Outgoing Players
    Andris Biedrins
    6-11 C from Latvia (Foreign)
    5.0 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 1.8 apg in 23.1 minutes
    Anthony Randolph
    6-10 PF from LSU
    11.6 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.3 apg in 22.7 minutes

plus we get their 6th pick, they get the 14th pick

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Like I said above maybe #6 is just a spring board to get #3 or #4 to then use in a sign and trade. It sounds like Toronto has a certain player that they want in this years draft and Morey is trying his best to get him to get Bosh in return. And in case it doesnt work out having the #6 pick in this years draft is a good 'backup' plan

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I think Morey and the rockets should take the offer.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

Risky move? Yes.

Same could be said about the Knicks Pick in 2012.

If worse comes to worse it could be a late pick (if FA treats them right)

would you trade Bud and the 14th pick for the 6th?

And the 2012 Knicks pick for Randolph?

Sounds pretty even to me.

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't watch NBATV much and don't know what deal they have on ESPN, but Stein usually reports things first on ESPN, where he's employed. Are you sure you caught this on NBATV?

18. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Get Randolph.. I think our team could use someone like him. Do the Warriors need capspace? If so, maybe we trade them Battier and they release him back to us.

19. Chamillionaire

Al-Farouq Aminu

Greg Monroe

Wesley Johnson

DeMarcus Cousins

+

Anthony Randolph

is better than

14th + 2012 NY 1st round pick + CBud.

20. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Who says Randolph can't be as good or better than Bosh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.