1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Bad Credit Car Loan?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by booyah, Jul 29, 2011.

Tags:
  1. booyah

booyah Member

2. booyah

booyah Member

No NO..Im not looking to default any more payments..especially a car payment. My lawyer advised me to get one going before filing thats all. Its gonna be alot hard getting one aferwards.

3. booyah

booyah Member

I didnt say I cant afford to pay rent and is living on the streets. Im SAying Im having a hard time keeping up. obtw, the 3k is the savings from my income tax returns.

Either way, Im done with you and your negativity.

4. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

Why are you saving money if you can't pay your bills?

5. booyah

booyah Member

Because my car is about to die on me anytime now. A person needs transportation to get to work. Some bills have a higher priority like rent and what not.

6. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

I understand that, if you can, you need to wait until the end of the year to get the best deal. I don't know how long BR filings take.

7. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

My first car cost $1200. I still have it. It has been rolling for nearly 9 years.

I'd recommend buying a car from a little old lady (thats what I did) and then you have a reliable car and a little extra money for whatever else you need.

8. booyah

booyah Member

I dont think my car is gonna hold up that long lol..

9. booyah

booyah Member

Yea I need to get something thats really in good condition. I do alot of driving for work. This past 12 months Ive racked up about 26k miles on my car..

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

ok, you're having a hard time keeping up. how is adding a $500/month car payment going to alleviate your problem?

sincerely, don't buy a new car or one that is only a few years old. you can find reliable ten year old cars for a fraction of what it would cost you to finance.

11. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

You live like an hour away from your job? Have you thought about moving earlier?

12. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

how about you change your life now and start buying only things you can afford right now. You need to break this circle of debt. You have already proven to yourself that you cannot keep up with your debts. Just don't go into another one.

Just man up and get a car in your price range (3k).

13. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

fixed

14. booyah

booyah Member

The thing is my job requires me to travel from site to site. I'm an Area Supervisor for an after school program. Im in charge of 10 different schools that I have to travel and monitor on a daily basis. I live like 15 miles from our office, but I often travel around Orange County here in California. Doesn't matter how close I live to work, travel and putting up alot of miles is the job description....

15. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

There's no company car or fuel reimbursement? I'd think in southern Cal being in charge of almost a dozen different locations they'd compensate you with a car if paying you less than 50k. But on the plus side you still pull in more than me.

16. booyah

booyah Member

Yes we get reimbursement. I work a non-profit orginization so we dont get that much back, 44 cents per very mile we travel.

17. what

what Member

You don't need advice, you need to stop borrowing money with no intention of paying it back.

You think that you are going to be able to start over and swipe your bills clean. When in reality you are going to pay that money 10 times over in higher interest rates.

Boy oh boy. You are really something.

18. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I thought your student loans are protected by against Bankruptcy. Am I wrong here?

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What is your credit score? Why are you declaring bankruptcy? Have you spoken with the credit card companies about lowering your interest rate, removing fees and setting up a payment plan? That bankruptcy will haunt your credit for years. Sucking it up and paying off debts tends to work out better for folks in the long run.

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The IRS limit is higher than that. When you filed your tax return did you account for the difference? If not, file an amended return and claim the excess. I believe the 2010 amount was around 50 cents.