1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Backstreet Boys Inspire Fight For Women's Rights in Saudi Arabia

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SunsRocketsfan, Jun 14, 2012.

1. SunsRocketsfan

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/10/world/meast/sharif-saudi-women-drive/index.html

and i thought they were just a lame boy band

1 person likes this.
  2. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Satan plays a flute? That's just effin gangsta...

[​IMG]

3. Apps

Apps Member

If the first bit of music I heard was the Backstreet Boys, it would only affirm my conviction that music was the work of Satan.

4. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

"Random acts of women driving" sounds like something they'd show right after Cops and World's Wildest Police Videos.

Frankly, it also sounds terrifying.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I read the title thinking the group members were endorsing some advocacy group, woman's rights being their cause of choice. Like Adam Yauch (RIP) recruiting others into the Tibet freedom cause. I didnt know their "art" itself was so inspiring that its breaking down the walls of female oppression.

All appropriate jokes aside, that shows what a nice thing music is. LYRICS and MESSAGES within a song can be bad and provocative, definitely. But its why its hard for me to get overly fierce about what artists suck and what brand of music is "better", when you see that some of the LAMEST bubblegum songs created have helped people perservere through life struggles.

6. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Something tells me things would've turned out differently if she heard a Lil Wayne album.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

As funny as it sounds to us, the message she was trying to send came through loud and clear. If you didn't watch it:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0PXXNK-3zQ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. SunsRocketsfan

gotta include what inspired it :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aBt8fN7mJNg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>