1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

B-Easy busted with Mary Jane... again

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by MourningWood, Jul 6, 2011.

1. FR0497

FR0497 Member

I knew that was coming. Let me make it more clear. Is it that dull that he needs to do something ILLEGAL and hurt/jeopordize his career?

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

It's also illegal to speed. Was his life so dull that he had to speed?

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I'm not trying to pick on you, so please don't take it the wrong way. I just don't understand how mar1juana is illegal, but cigarettes and alcohol are fine. I don't think there is anything wrong with anyone smoking weed, in private. It's the people that smoke and then go out in public all goofy looking that are embarrassing.

2 people like this.
  4. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Possibly. Some have the need for speed....and weed obviously.

5. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

he was just in a hurry to get home and smoke.

haters.

;)

1 person likes this.
  6. FR0497

FR0497 Member

I agree with the cigarettes and alcohol point. I agree with the weed smoking....to a certain extent. If you have a prescription then have at it. If you don't, why put your job at risk? Obviously stars get a different treatment with their workplace, but if us "normal people with normal lives" (silly Lebron) fail a drug test we're toast.

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

2 wrongs don't make a right.

Just because one negative is legal, doesn't mean another should be made legal.

That's like saying all kids of all age should be allowed to bring a gun to school because it's not any worse than alcohol and cigarettes which kills more people.

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

even if it was legal he still shouldnt be smoking while driving around at 3 in the morning and speeding.

im grown up and i still smoke. i just keep it in my house.

9. gambingo

gambingo Member

He was only cited for possession not under the influence while driving:rolleyes::rolleyes:

And 84mph at 3am on the highway is pretty standard for most people. Some of you act like you never did 100+ at that hr before:rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Umm...I don't. Being the lone car on the road, you're gonna stick out and be a cop magnet if you're the only one speeding. The trick to avoiding a speeding ticket is to NOT be the fastest person on the road.

11. authentic91

authentic91 Member

What's your stance on why weed is a negative or even should be put in the same categories as these other things you have listed. mar1juana has never killed anyone, nor will it ever. Alcohol, cigarettes, and guns on the other hand..

12. rju1986

rju1986 Member

We should scoop him up, he'd be good in practices for competition. Speaking of this thread, have any of yall seen Les' awesome tie in *ahem* photo? Not sure if i can even fully specify or post.. if you're totally clueless about my comment, no biggie.

13. sew

sew Member

mar1juana saves lives. How many deaths in the history of man kind has been directly attributed to the use of mar1juana?

How about the war on weed trafficking?

Now how many LIVES has mar1juana saved?

The benefits that comes from mar1juana far exceeds any of the negatives.

Alcohol related deaths per year (US) - 75000

Tobacco related deaths per year (US) - 443,000

1 person likes this.
  14. jo mama

and your point is?

driving 20 mph over the speed limit while carrying a bunch of weed at 3am is most definitely NOT "standard for most people".:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

15. Defy9

Defy9 Member

Breaking News!

I just heard that he downloads MP3's off the internet WITHOUT PAYING FOR THEM!

No...No this won't do at all.

16. jo mama

if he was doing that while driving 20 mph over the speed limit he would have been pulled over and issued a speeding ticket and depending on the municipality, given a ticket for using the internet on his phone while driving.

like smoking weed, you shouldnt illegally download music while driving.

17. showtang043

showtang043 Member

IN my perspective(as someone who doesn't smoke cigarrettes, weed, or drink alcohol), I just don't see why cigs and drinking is legal when mar1juana is not. I've seen people drinking and see how they can be a danger to themselves ad and more importantly to others when it goes overboard. Cigarettes hurt your body in so many ways and not to mention 2nd hand degree smoking has killed people too. mar1juana is by no means good for you and has many of its flaws, but the effects are better than alcohol (generally or for the majority of smokers) and they have been showed to be less addictive the cigarettes too.

I get that it's illegal, but it seems completely arbitrary thought process to call this some sort of hard drug or anything any more than the other two.

That said, as an NBA player, the one who is the role model has to be ray allen. This guy doesnt drink, smoke, do any of that stuff, he takes and respects hiss body and his job and what he needs to perform which is why even at his age you can simply count on him to hold his own there. I wish more people were like that.
    Beasley has talent, but his attitude and work ethic could be detrimental to a team. I'd take a shot at him for cheap for the rockets, but actually i'd still be hesitant ust his effect on a young team and the culture we are trying to build. He still is a 20 ppg scorer so is sueful for the right squad. I don't like the commitment he shows in general towards his body and his game, but i dont particularly care that he smokes

18. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Most players under 25 smoke weed. Most smart players only smoke during the offseason.

Most players under 25 still think they are untouchable when it comes to regular society. Smart players tend to blend in.

I have been around alot of NBA Players at parties, clubs and other off work events and I can honestly tell you that the only difference between us and them, is the Millions. (Speaking about players born in the 80's)

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

you mar1juana experts are the funniest. this guy is not a "recreational user"

he is a mar1juana addict. he can't operate without his preferred drug.

stop making excuses for potheads.

20. HombreDeHierro

It's not an addiction..

its just an emotional craving, which yes, obviously he does not have the mental will power to control.

ADDICTION is different than emotional craving. The word addiction needs to stop being used for innocent **** like music, shows, and weed.