1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Avengers vs X Men

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by got em COACH, Feb 23, 2012.

1. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

First, it was this:
    [​IMG]
    Now, it has become this: 12 issue of civil war goodness.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Confirm roster for Avengers Side
    1. Red Hulk
    2. Captain America
    3. Iron Man
    4. Spider man
    5. Black Widow
    6. Thing
    7. Dr. Strange
    8. Thor
    9. War Machine
    10. Beast
    11. Wolverine
    12. Daredevil

X men
    1. Cyclops
    2. Emma Frost
    3. Colossus
    4. Magneto
    5. Hope
    6. Storm
    7. Namor
    8. Psylocke
    9. Ice man
    10. Rogue
    11. Archangel

The wild cards. Where will they stand?!
    1. Hulk
    2. Dead pool
    3. Cable

Well, Wolverine appears to be on the avengers side. Will it be Wolverine and his X-men with the avengers vs. Cyclops X-men?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I thought Civil War was really quite bad, so if this one just manages to be good, that will make it completely different in the most important way.

http://marvel.com/news/story/17810/avengers_vs_x-men

1 person likes this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What's the premise? Who's butt-hurt about what this time?

3. got em COACH

The Avengers want to save the citizen of earth at all cost even if it has to get rid of hope who is believe to be the phoenix next target host.

4. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Marvel exec 1: You know how we usually w**** out either the X-Men or the Avengers?

Marvel Exec 2: Yeah....

Marvel Exec 1: I've got a GREAT idea...

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I got the complete original
    which will still probably be the best
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rocket River

6. got em COACH

^ W:eek:w what are the values on those babies and how much did you pay for those?

Haven't kept up with the x men series or any marvel at all. Can someone explain to me why the H E double hockey stick colossus is wearing juggernaut's helmet and what happen to him?

7. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Iron Man vs Magneto? Isn't that.......the worst idea ever in comic book history?

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Not too excited about this (haven't liked a Marvel event since Planet Hulk), but I have to say Magneto vs. Iron Man would not make much of a fight.

9. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Got beat to the punch. haha.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah, wouldn't he just...freeze him in mid air? Lol.
    Cool comics, I'll have to check these out.

11. got em COACH

Hahah yeah iron man would be the can food and magneto the can opener but i'm going to give tony stark the benefit of a doubt here. The guy is a pretty intelligent billionaire and would try to come up with something to nullify magneto power. Maybe a giant size human condom over his suit to protect himself lol. Safety first ;)

12. what

what Member

I'm so sick of comic book movies. Maybe if they made a bloodshot movie I might be into it, they need something with a more interesting story line.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Question: What does this have to do with comic book movies...other than the Avengers and X-men both have them?

14. what

what Member

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Will we ever see Blade vs Twilight?

I would pay to see Blade annihilate those children.

16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Iron Man has come up with ways to nullify Magneto's effect on his armor many times.

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Edit: Here's why Colossus looks like Juggernaut; he has the Juggernaut powers in addition to his own powers, which were themselves boosted by Magneto at one point. I'd say he's a top-tier heavy hitter now. link

"Colossus is a mutant that has the ability to transform his entire body into a form of "organic steel", with properties analogous to osmium[citation needed] but of still unknown composition. Colossus cannot transform a portion of his body into this armored state; he must transform completely. When he transforms, he gains around a foot in height and his weight is at least doubled.[citation needed] In his armored form, Colossus possesses superhuman levels of strength, as well as superhuman stamina and durability. His physical strength is currently greater than when he first joined the X-Men due to the realignment of his cells by Magneto following an injury during the Mutant Massacre. While in his armored form, Colossus requires no food, water, or even oxygen to sustain himself, and is extremely resistant to injury. He is capable of withstanding great impacts, large caliber bullets, falling from tremendous heights, electricity, and certain magical attacks.[55] While he has great resistance to temperature extremes of hot and cold, extreme heat followed by rapid super-cooling has been shown to cause extreme damage. He is vulnerable to the anti-metal vibranium in his metal form, his body instinctively shifting to human form when faced with a vibranium weapon.[56]
    Colossus is an excellent hand-to-hand combatant, having received training from Wolverine and Cyclops. He has had training in acrobatics and sword fighting from Nightcrawler. In his human form, he is exceptionally strong and fit, though not superhumanly so. He has completed college-level courses at Xavier's school.

As the unstoppable Avatar of Cyttorak, Colossus gained additional superhuman strength and resistance to injury, as well as other mystical powers. Among these is the power to ignore impediments to his movement, hence the "unstoppable" moniker.[57]"

Got em too, back when crossovers weren't an everyday happening in comics.

#17 Xerobull, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  18. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

Confused, so is this going to be an animated movie? If it is I'd take the time to see it, if it's just a new, limited comic book series i'll pass.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

They're not very pricey. In Near-Mint/Mint condition, they sell for around $10-$15 probably... if you're lucky.

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

No wolverine?