1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Dreamshake, Jun 18, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

I know they've never been on here. At least not for the last 9 years or so that I can remember. Will there ever be a time where we could have something small and appropriate? Im sure most people would be willing to give up sig space for it.

Just a thought. Id like to rock a personalized pic or two. Maybe you could even make people pay a couple of bucks to be able to rock one. 5 dollar tip gets you the ability to sport an avatar.

2. ak47

ak47 Member

And for people that don't want to see avatars there is an option in User CP to disable that feature.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I believe that one of the reasons many people enjoy coming to this BBS is for its lack of BS stuff. The avatars are a luxury and not a necessity. :(

4. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

I would be down with that. It is so much easier to recognize people based on their avatars.

5. ThreePointShot

6. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No avatars!

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

why not

say 10 bucks a year for an avatar activation

500 peepz times 10 = 5000 dollars a year

and thats at least 500 people...thats enough money to keep this site alive and Clutch earning a bonus IMO

He could then do some prices for people who post something that comes out as an great insider post or article...lets say someone here breaks out a trade worth mentioning on the front page, give the guy one year free avatar activation....

have all avatars be in the same size, 80x80 would be nice, nothing to flashy

I think it would be a great idea

8. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

All avatars will do is attract a bunch of avatards intent on flooding our board with annoying animated gifs.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

"Avatards" LOL! brilliant!

10. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I recognize a lot of people on the forum just fine by their name if they've made any kind of impression with their posts. I'm guessing you'd remember just as many names as you would avatars when you saw them...because you really only care about what they're writing. You don't see their avatar and say "oh man, I wanna read what that person wrote next time".

11. thelasik

Actually, that is the case with many posters on another forum that I browse, which has avatars enabled. You just read the posts by the people that have made impressions by taking a quick glance at their av. I am fine with the current situation here, but it would be neat to add small spice of individuality with avatars.

Besides, if someone doesn't like them, they can be disabled through the control panel. Maybe some restrictions (size..x by x pixels, no .gif images etc) would keep the outrageous avatars under control. Just a suggestion.

12. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

Right. I dont understand the people who just wanna groan for the sake of groaning. You can make the Avatars non gif images. Keep them small, or if your the angry old man pissed at the youth walking in the grass, then just disable them. Whats the big deal.

I love going to other teams sites and seeing the personal avi's made for the team, or fav player.

Id pony up 10 bucks to do this.

CLUTCH...Im calling you out man...response already. :D :D :D :D

13. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I'd pitch in $10 for this. Like said before, ALOT easier to recognize who is posting. And animated gif's can sometimes be funny.

But yeah have an option to turn them off.

14. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I doubt that many people will pay to do the avatar. Besides, I was always under the impression that little kids to avatars..

15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I'm the angry old man who's pissed at the youth who don't know how to use an apostrophe.

#15 rimrocker, Jun 19, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  16. thelasik

You would obviously think that because you are still a regular member. :D

17. Hmm

Hmm Member

I am a 'youth'..

And I think avatars are r****ded..

Now get the hell of my grass..

:)

18. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Clutch already has to scale back the search function when a big game or breaking news happens. With avatars, the load on the site would be much worse. No thanks.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

They shouldn't be that bad if they are saved on another site like imageshack.us

20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

plus you could create an option of them not being available during games