1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Auto Repair Advice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JeopardE, May 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

motor mounts are not that hard to do, therefor the labor *should* not be much.

DO NOT....I repeat....DO NOT let the kids at Auto Zone or Walmart ATTEMPT to fix something like this...I beg of you. The mounts hold your motor in place(duh right) and as such should never be left to those morons. They are barely knowledgeable enough to run a test with a tester that does all the work for them.

and as mentioned earlier, most warranties do not cover things that are designed to wear out....tires, oil, and motor mounts all are designed to wear out, that is how it cushions you from the vibrations of the running engine.

anyway, Its been a long time since I worked in a garage, so I cant recommend anyone to you, but jsut check around for a garage that family or friends have used successfully and have them do it....shouldnt take too long since it isnt that difficult to replace

2. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

be prepared to spend a lot of $$$$$.

3. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Yeah 03, the model year they said they had fixed the tranny

4. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

You live anywhere near Pearland. My dad's old shop is very honest and has lower prices than most becuase it is in downtown pearland.

5. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Do they do transmission work?

6. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

How much is the dealer asking?