1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Austin Rivers is killing it

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by watashi315, May 8, 2015.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ok then. If you think 100 pts in 3 quarters and letting Austin river pick you part doesn't show that houston has some serious problems on defense then that's on you.

You just can't think of offense all the time and believe that's the problem. You will not just out score teams

2. dmoneybangbang

Yea.... generally smart teams let a bench player beat you over letting the people who consistently start and make buckets....

I have no problem with Austin Rivers having a big game if Reddick was being shut down.

Clippers are just more talented than the Rockets, plain and simple.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Take a look at the Fire McHale thread

Those 3 are not on the same page

Alexander does not care at all, worried about his money, got Hakeem and his championships, does not want to go through the lottery to get a quality young guy

Morey: Obsession with 3 pointers

McHale: He is a nice guy to coach in regular season. That is about it.

4. dmoneybangbang

Lets not act like this game is some sort of benchmark on how the Rocket's play defense. The numbers don't lie when adjusted for pace in terms of defense. The Rocket's got punched in the nose and didn't respond again.

Or whatever, assume this how the Rocket's play defense consistently and extrapolate from there.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Despite being named YOLO, this man has a very valid point.

What's going on here is more complex than just McHale or Harden or Rivers. It's a collective meltdown of defensive fundamentals, effort, and three point shooting.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Why is not wanting to go through the lottery a bad thing? We turned over our roster into two stars - do you still want us to tank?

You're reducing everything Morey has done to "3 pointers"?

7. dmoneybangbang

Christ, if you are using that thread as an example then I know I can't trust your intelligence.

Ok.....

LOL speculation about Alexander. That's a pretty dumb comment.

Morey has stated their major acquisitions (Ariza, Brewer, and JSmoove) were defense related.

8. i3artow i3aller

:eek::rolleyes::(
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If the Clippers face the Rockets in the next round, I put the chances of Austin Rivers doing James Harden's pot stirring celebration at 95%.</p>&mdash; Daniel Leroux (@DannyLeroux) <a href="https://twitter.com/DannyLeroux/status/592424556234604544">April 26, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Actually I never thought houston had a good of a defense as people believed. They've always had real issues as far as their schemes. It's very easy for discipline teams for pick apart their defense and expose it. The reg season can mask this since you don't play the same teams every night

10. dmoneybangbang

It's not complex at all, the Clippers are just more talented and confident.

11. hakeemthagreat

Bev would've punked him out his game already

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Haha ok. If can't see then there's nothing left to say. You just need to realize offense isn't just the answer. That's less important than this huge problem of defense they have. It shouldn't be that hard to see

13. dmoneybangbang

How so? Our weakest defensive position is the guard. The numbers back up the fact that when adjusted for pace we are a top 10 defensive team.

The Mavs have a historically good offense minus Rondo.

The Clippers have the best starting 5 in the NBA and their lack of depth hasn't set them back yet.

It sucks we face teams with quick and effective back court. NBA is about matchups and execution and we failed in both aspects in the Clippers series.

14. dmoneybangbang

Where did I say it's the answer? Do you not understand it takes energy on both sides?

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Just because you have some some good individual names that are known for defense doesn't automatically make your team good at defense. Their schemes are not very good. They still allow players to play to their strengths and fail to limit tendencies. They seem to think Dwight will bail them out every time. That's not going to happen. That's impossible. Unless you make the correction to allow a team to score 90-100 through 3 quarters you are not winning

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Reddick scored more

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yes I realize that but my point was offense is the lesser of the two by a wide margin. With that said I hope they reevaluate what they're going on d for sunday

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is one point I won't budge and I am adamant about.

Teams have to go through the lottery one day. There is no way about it.

Not a bad thing but you miss out on Young stars on a friendly contract. ;)

19. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

damn embarrassing

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

In the 2012 draft Rivers was the 10th pick and we were the 12th pick. Makes me think what if Morey went and got Rivers instead of Lamb.