1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Austin-American Statesman] Astros option Mike Gallo, callup pitcher Chris Sampson

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rikesh316, Jun 2, 2006.

1. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

sampson got rocked tonight.

2. Shaji

Shaji Contributing Member

wow 3 er in 5.1 innings really isnt that bad, i thought he looked a whole lot better than wandy...and its much better having him back there in the pen instead of gas can gallo

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

hmm... 3 runs in 5 innings out of the bullpen is hardly rocked. his only job is to be better than gallo and it looks like he can atleast handle that.

4. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

My number one Gallo moment was in september 2004 when me and my buddies got drunk as hell with him at buffalo wild wings and then a few weeks later we went to the playoff series in Atlanta and before the game he said later that night he passed out after doing a fat chick.

After that brief moment of being a Gallo fan I went back to hating him.

5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Gallo's not only a bad pitcher: every Easter, he goes to Walgreens and squashes all the Peeps.

6. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

We went to one of the Hooks games last year when the kids got free back packs, he signed them for the kids, I was like "who is this guy?" Good to see he made it to the Show.

7. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Yeah, for your debut - first time facing major league hitting? Hell, Borkowski gave up 3 in 1 IP.

He only walked one batter too.

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Agreed...Man,has the bullpen gone...Use to be one of our strengths, but hell, our starting pitching, our bats and anything else I can think of has been crappy the past couple of weeks...