1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

aussie rocket back and coming to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aussie rocket, Aug 12, 2015.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Cheers mate

Other than stubhub is there another simple way to get single game tickets that you know of? And are the tickets just print off from an email?

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Flashseats is the easiest, because that's what the Rockets use to send season-ticketholder their complete set of tickets. So, STHs use it to re-sell.

You can sign up with a credit card, and that will get swiped at the gate when you enter the stadium. No need to have it emailed, although I think you can do it that way, too.

3. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Ah I see

So with flashseats you are not paying the mark up that you are with stubhub.

Looking at the flashseats site they have some good options for Suns game April 7.

Do flashseats also do Mavs games as looking at April 6 game at Dallas too.

Hopefully can get tickets sent as would rather hold the physical tickets in my hand before heading over (or at least have a printable version) my credit card will expire between now and then also.

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Ah crap. Went to sign up to flashseats and seems to be US and Canada only

5. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Why don't you just buy them directly from the toyota center site? I don't think those games are sold out and I'm pretty sure they don't sell out the whole stadium to season tickets. You'll have to wait for right when the season starts. The flashseats available now are from season ticket holders, as they can go ahead and buy tickets before single tickets go on sale.

6. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

Im from New Zealand and planning an NBA trip in early March, notably the Rockets Clippers game. Seat Geek looks pretty good for buying game tickets?

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

This was the dilemma I found when I initially first started looking for tickets.

This was where I bought tickets for 4 games.

3 in the exact same seat each game in the row behind the broadcasters table + another at the very corner of the court near the Rockets bench.

I had these delivered too because I wanted to make sure 100% I had everything on hand before I left and there were no worries in the back of my mind.

You'll have to wait until later in the season I guess until late game tickets are eligible to be bought though.

No hassles this way either.

8. Downtown Sniper

Coincidently, I'm trying to plan a trip down through the South and hoping to be in Houston for that same game.

9. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Since it's all downloads/emails/payment by credit card, you may be able to fudge it. I used priceline from outside the US when it was US only. Had to use a random postal code (I used 901210, and CA).

Your barrier may be the credit card if they have a check key with the address for verification. But in the old days that wasn't a problem. Also not sure if our country code will mess up your phone number or if that was an issue. You can try registering now without buying.

10. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

yeah I'm thinking about trying to even catch the Grizzlies Rockets game on March 14, then Rockets Clippers on the 16th.
    Gets harder when my Girlfriend invites friends and now we have to plan around them as well :mad:

11. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Thanks, I think I might follow this advice.

Already got tickets for the Houston at Dallas game April 6 on stubhub which was easy, if expensive.... but yeah, when you try and pay for the Suns at Rocks game it says you need to register with flashseats.

12. daveford

daveford Member

I will be going to the rockets cavs game in January and i am from Australia. I used flashseats and was able to use my sister in laws address and phone number (she lives in new york) and used my own credit card to pay. Hopefully they just scan my credit card when i enter and i dont have any troubles regarding the address. Does anyone know if this will be an issue?

Also flashseats have a ridiculous fee of 20% of the ticket price so keep that in mind when looking at ticket prices

13. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Good stuff.

I am looking at using a friends address in Canada for the sign up. I have emailed flashseats and asked them if ID at the venue would be an issue in this instance.

Doesn't sound like it will be, I'll let you know their reply. Watch this space.

14. HTM

HTM Member

Man these Australian/New Zealanders love us over here in Houston.

It's funny to someone like myself who lives a mile from the toyota center.

I met a couple Germans at game 2 of the Mavs-Rockets who were sitting right in front of me.... they were really nice... almost felt bad they had to watch broken down Dirk...

15. Downtown Sniper

Not all of us can live that luxurious life :p

What I wouldn't give to trade living in Sydney for a piece of that Southern hospitality.

16. HTM

HTM Member

Grass is always greener on the other side, mate.

There are a lot of people here who would trade you. (maybe even me, I don't know much about Sydney though)

17. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Sydney is a very nice, liveable city, but effing expensive.

I can't wait to get out of here and move somewhere that I can maybe afford to scratch myself.

18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I love this stuff **** the cowboys (Americas team) the rockets are Australia's team baby

19. Downtown Sniper

Yep well aware.
    Did have the time of my life though for the month I spent in Texas!

Sydney is becoming almost unliveable unless you are well off.

I look at places in Melbourne and just imagine all the money I had if I lived there. The exact same rental properties for not even 2/3rds of the price of what I'm paying in Sydney... I could afford an annual trip to Houston each year if I didn't live in Sydney!

20. HTM

HTM Member

Yea, one of the best parts about Houston is the cost of living is very low compared to most major American cities.